Yellows in my Cemani chicks?

Tumbleweedlynn

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Sep 5, 2022
Central New Mexico
Hi all :frow

I have had my Cemani flock for a year and a half now. I got them from a very reputable breeder and friend of my husbands, who had his breeders shipped to him from all over the world, and he was very into culling even the newest babies who had even a hint of white in them.

Last May I sold some hatching eggs to a woman who sent me this picture of one of the hatchlings. I had sold many hatching eggs prior to this and never had one bad review, so I was sleepy about this.

Fast forward to today - one of my newest hatchlings has the same markings! Where this this coloring come from? I know the line I got from the breeder were the purest of pure. The first pic is the May baby.

Attachments

• IMG_6193.jpeg
    IMG_6193.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6192.jpeg
    IMG_6192.jpeg
    496.1 KB · Views: 10
I'm not sure I'd @CiaBia is still active. She had white cemani though.

My guess is either its a flaw or its a brother from another father
Ive only had one rooster with this flock, and this has happened maybe one in 100.

I’ve never heard of a white cemani, I’d like to see a picture of that, and wonder what it was crossed with? I guess when it comes to genetics things are bound to pop up. I was just curious if this was a cemani specific issue, with this specific off coloring.

Thank!

Back
Top Bottom