Yet another orphaned mallard post... with a twist.

Any possibility of some domestic duckling friends, even if they are temporary?
That's one of my possible plans, but I also don't want to take away too much attention from Snapper or cause a potentially dangerous situation for new ducklings if Snapper didn't like them. That's one of my worries with Snapper and the reason why we didn't get another set of buffs after ours moved out to a local pond. Still an option!
Let me reiterate what Miss Lydia said - do not mention Snapper to the rehabber. It's a good thing that you are doing.
I am glad you all alerted me because I would have not even thought twice about mentioning her. That would be devastating if she were to be removed from us, she had bonded so much with everyone.

I would also like to thank everyone for your kind words, especially Soon2bChixMom and Miss Lydia. I wasn't sure what to expect on this forum but I am extremely happy to come across friendly and caring people like you all. Double thanks!

Please keep us updated on the lil Mallard and Snapper. Where is the local pond your Buffs moved to is it on your property?
and
:welcome
I shall! I actually tripped this morning and broke one of my teeth in half (oof, not very graceful) so I took off work to spend day just letting the little duckling run around in Snapper's room keeping a close eye on the two of them so that there weren't any bad encounters. Snapper seems to ignore him at this point and the duckling does its best to avoid her. The duckling is still afraid of me standing, but happily welcomes me to pick him up while kneeling and falls asleep in my hand. Snapper neeeeever wanted to be picked up and same for our buffs! Absolutely not what I expected in a period of a few days!

The pond that the buffs moved to is another pond at a local park just adjacent to us. I can always pick them out of the crowd as they tower over the local ducks! Lol!

Sorry about the tooth . Sounds like the lil duckling is feeling more comfortable with you though and him and Snapper are at least tolerating each other.

Still planning on taking it to the rescue on sat?

Back
Top Bottom