Yolk sac not being absorbed

Mar 29, 2019
It's my first hatching and 2 pipped on time but never fully would zip on day 23 late I helped a bit and the chick was dead (in a diff thread) the 2nd and these 2 that I waited snd it is now day 26 for them all had the same issue. Why is this happening it's temp and humidity controlled..
20220501_145841.jpg

What was your incubator model and the temperature and humidity? Did you calibrate the sensor? It can take over a day from pip to zip. It looks like your temperature was low, these were not ready and I dont have much hope. Dampen some paper towels, put them in a mug and gentlyplace the chick in the mug and put it back in the incubator.

What was your incubator model and the temperature and humidity? Did you calibrate the sensor? It can take over a day from pip to zip. It looks like your temperature was low, these were not ready and I dont have much hope. Dampen some paper towels, put them in a mug and gentlyplace the chick in the mug and put it back in the incubator.
They weren't breathing, no audible sounds at all... this was like a janoel incubator... I borrowed to try my hand at hatching for the first time to see if we even wanted to invest in a good big one. I'm thinking I need to if I'm going to continue hatching. Who I borrowed from said because the incubator only reads in celcius that I'd need to set it at 38.5 so I did. I realized when I finally got my hygrometer that it needed to come up because at 38.5C the hygrometer was reading it was at 98°F so I raised the temp until my hygrometer read 99.5 but heck today is day 21 for those eggs... if I've been incubating them at 98°F and then made sure to raise it 1 degree will they go on and hatch. The ones I've lost didn't show signs of deformity at all they looked like perfect babies just yolk sac not completely absorbed as you can see

Back
Top Bottom