Young chicken with abscess what to do?

MSchickenamateur

Hatching
Nov 10, 2023
We found this abscess on our 3 month old chicken this morning. Outside of having the hard bump that was not tender to the touch and a much paler comb than normal, she is acting fine. Eating drinking and running around. What does this look like to any experts out there? Should we try to drain it. Should we quarantine her from the flock? IMG_6251.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg

Is the lump hot? I suggest giving this chicken extra fluids if the comb is paler. Give us a run down of her flock companions and habitat etc.

Is the lump hot? I suggest giving this chicken extra fluids if the comb is paler. Give us a run down of her flock companions and habitat etc.
The lump is not hot. She is in a separate run with our 4 younger birds. All are healthy looking with good red tint on their combs. They are currently in a large “kennel” style dog run waiting to be introduced to our big chickens. (Big chickens are currently experiencing what I believe to be dry fowl pox so if anyone has any advice on that I would gladly take it as well!) I included pictures of our two Americanas showing signs of pox the other adult birds seem fine.
IMG_6257.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom