Young Ducks Stopped Laying

WesternFarmer

Hatching
Jun 24, 2023
My ducks were probably about 5 month. I was getting 6-5 eggs a day from 7 ducks. Then out of nowhere I started getting 2-1 egg, and now I'm lucky if I get one egg a day. This has been going on for a almost a month. I am started to get worried because I thought they would start laying again. If you have any ideas please let me know.

so you’re saying they started laying at the age of five months then how long did they lay regularly before they came to this abrupt decline? Has anything changed recently? Did you get new ducks or chickens or even geese perhaps? Did you change anything about their housing or their run or yard did you get a new dog maybe? Is there anything that changed ? Ducks are very sensitive to any changes in their environment and lifestyle. Anything like that could cause them to stop laying for a while. Are they getting at least eight hours of daylight per day?. Also, how old are they now…. are they possibly molting? And did you change their diet?

What kind of ducks do you have? Are they molting? Ducks do not usually lay when they are molting. Some types do not lay in the winter and as the days get shorter (not temperature) their egg production slows. My Swedish has done this since she was young.

My ducks are Khaki's. I mixed up there diet a little bit ago, but I often mix up there diet. There are some newer ducks with them but they have been in the same for a while, and before that in next door pens.
They started laying mid august. Layed for about a week and only a few ducks started laying. Then through-out the next 2ish weeks I started to get 5-6 eggs a day. Then they stopped laying.
They aren't molting, one might soon but she hasn't started laying yet.

Back
Top Bottom