young hens added to Rooster

Hollywould

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2022
I have 1 rooster and 1 hen, I will be getting more chickens. a friend of mine just hatched some chicks and soon well be ours. Ive watching so many videos on how to introduce the young hen to older hens but what about the Rooster? will it be the same or different once the chickens are old enough to be in the run coop next to the other to thats where I was planning on putting them then hopefully together.

I have 1 rooster and 1 hen, I will be getting more chickens. a friend of mine just hatched some chicks and soon well be ours. Ive watching so many videos on how to introduce the young hen to older hens but what about the Rooster? will it be the same or different once the chickens are old enough to be in the run coop next to the other to thats where I was planning on putting them then hopefully together.
How large is your coop? Is it walk-in style or no?
If at all possible, the ideal way to introduce the new chicks to the existing pair is to brood them directly in the coop with a brooder plate in a built-in brooder made of 1/2" hardware cloth so the pair can see the chicks and the chicks the adults.
Generally speaking, roosters ignore sexually immature pullets.

How large is your coop? Is it walk-in style or no?
If at all possible, the ideal way to introduce the new chicks to the existing pair is to brood them directly in the coop with a brooder plate in a built-in brooder made of 1/2" hardware cloth so the pair can see the chicks and the chicks the adults.
Generally speaking, roosters ignore sexually immature pullets.
I have3 coops and runs right next to each other. so I can have them next to each other. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom