Your thoughts on my thinking for expanding this coop... please. ❤️

CassieReeves

Chirping
Oct 26, 2022
We added legs, divided into 3 separate sections, and added doors for each section. Our thinking is to hold booger roosters until we can sell them or have room for them in their own coop AND put the little chicks once they are out of the baby brooder. Now I'm thinking we should use the underneath for chicks as they out grow the top.
103534.jpeg

I try to keep projects short and sweet so I don't overload my husband. I'm almost thinking I could handle the bottom myself. Next picture is a quick mark up. I was hoping to find an easy door already made because I don't know how to build one. Please share your ideas. Sorry for the low quality pics.

Attachments

• 103546.jpeg
    103546.jpeg
    455.4 KB · Views: 3
Roughly 2' H x 2.5' D x 2' W.... I'm guessing based on this pic with my husband's bent arm. 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026_213114.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026_213114.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Ah! The human in the pic puts things in perspective, lol. The other pics looked like rabbit size to me. 😅

Could be used as a broody breaker (if you could put a grate in the bottom of one of the sections to allow airflow under hen), or a separation station (for sick bird or bullies). I would definitely add to the bottom for a chick grow out pen.

Ah! The human in the pic puts things in perspective, lol. The other pics looked like rabbit size to me. 😅

Could be used as a broody breaker (if you could put a grate in the bottom of one of the sections to allow airflow under hen), or a separation station (for sick bird or bullies). I would definitely add to the bottom for a chick grow out pen.
Thank you so much for your feedback! I realized when you asked that they looked small with nothing to compare to. Good info on the broody breaker. Luckily, the hardware wire is the bottom to those sections. I'm going to use sign boards (corrugated pvc, like yard sale signs) as the foundations and wind blockers in each section. I'll remember air flow for the broody breaker. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom