Your total number of Peas PLEEZE?

Those are my numbers. First time posting in Peafowl.
This will be my first year hatching. Just bought a brand new incubator. Super excited.

Congratulations and welcome to the Peafowl section! We incubated for the first time last year and hatched 45 of the little cuties. Best of luck to you and if you have any questions this is the place to get the answers.
big_smile.png

We started collecting Peas last year, this will be our first year hatching.

11 - one cock and two hens
12 - two cock and one hen
13 - eight cocks and ten hens

All are IB except three of the 13 hatch are from IB white eyed and maybe one may turn out to be black shoulder. We would really like to do some trading for other colors.

KsKingBee,You have now joined the '"addiction club",,,for peafowl. Start building pens now,because everyone here is just like the Lays Potatoe chip comercial almost says "Noone can own just one color". It's a strange addiction,seems to increase each year by more building of pens,more feed,more spare time devoted to Peafowl than you can keep track of and of course money spent. Your in the right place for sure!! Deny it if you wish but peas grow on you.

Thanks for liking the Pea Palace build thread. I will be working on another aviary build on the west side of the building this spring with maybe 6 breeding pens and will continue to add pictures. I think on these new pen builds I will be using site barrier netting instead of metal siding. The overall size of this aviary will be smaller overall,maybe 40x50 because the trees I planted for windbreaks around my property border has grown so much in 2 years.

I picked up a lot of good ideas from your thread, I can't wait until the weather breaks a bit and I get caught up on projects. I have two pea coops to build, a chicken brooder, and growout pens. Put that together with the beekeeping, the beginners class and the queenrearing class and I have a full plate.

Back
Top Bottom