2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Pics

lucysducks11

Songster
Apr 9, 2016
I'm on day 11 , I candled all 11 eggs , everything checks out great, all 11 are developing wonderfully, this one is different than the rest. Are these 2 black spots 2 separate babies?? Please someone weigh in

It does look like you have twins. This is going to be a tricky incubation. If there's enough room and nutrients for both of them and they make it to hatch, you'll want to plan on having to assist.

It does look like you have twins. This is going to be a tricky incubation. If there's enough room and nutrients for both of them and they make it to hatch, you'll want to plan on having to assist.

So I'm not going nuts , this looks like twins to you as well?? Holy cow, I think mother nature is testing me

Last edited:
Well, equal odds as to getting a double yolk egg :) I have a leghorn who lays them constantly. I've even had one with three yolks in it. I just don't set them because I don't want the stress of dealing with twins, lol. If you have a double yolker and you set it odds are both blastoderms will start to develop. No guarantee they'll make it to hatch, though.

Well, equal odds as to getting a double yolk egg :) I have a leghorn who lays them constantly. I've even had one with three yolks in it. I just don't set them because I don't want the stress of dealing with twins, lol. If you have a double yolker and you set it odds are both blastoderms will start to develop. No guarantee they'll make it to hatch, though.

I'm going to treat them with extra love, educate myself and hope for the best, I am pretty fascinated by the entire thing...

Back
Top Bottom