Did this chicken lay this egg???

Duckee

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 11, 2014
Southern Illinois
I found this egg and doesnt match my other layers eggs. They have all laid today with the exception of an EE which lays smaller bluish green eggs.

Could this be an EE egg?

I have this. EE at POL, but in this pic she is trying to lay still. She keeps laying in nest and dust bathing like crazy and she is clearly contracting. So i dont think she laid that egg.
[/IMG]

I have this chicken at POL.

Is this truly an EE or some other breed?

I only have 1 other non layer i just got,but she is not at POL yet (4 months old), and has been out of the coop free ranging alone in side yard all day.

Which chicken do you think this egg belongs to?

Since EE are basically a mutt breeds some do lay plain old brown eggs. Your first hen merely looks like she's enjoying her dust bath. They will often just sit there.

Since EE are basically a mutt breeds some do lay plain old brown eggs. Your first hen merely looks like she's enjoying her dust bath. They will often just sit there.

x 2 -- not all EE inherit the genes necessary to produce blue or green shelled eggs and will end up laying "plain" eggs instead. There are a couple of camps when it comes to EE -- one that an EE is "any bird that is not of pure breed that produces color shelled eggs" and another that an EE is "any bird with blue egg breeding that is not of pure breed/does not conform with the breed standard for the blue egg breed of parentage". Depending on which camp you subscribe to would determine whether you would consider this bird, should it be proven to be the source of the egg in question, to be an EE or not.

x 2 -- not all EE inherit the genes necessary to produce blue or green shelled eggs and will end up laying "plain" eggs instead.  There are a couple of camps when it comes to EE -- one that an EE is "any bird that is not of pure breed that produces color shelled eggs" and another that an EE is "any bird with blue egg breeding that is not of pure breed/does not conform with the breed standard for the blue egg breed of parentage".  Depending on which camp you subscribe to would determine whether you would consider this bird, should it be proven to be the source of the egg in question, to be an EE or not. 
Thanks for the info
1f600.png

I did a full week of nest sitting and found out who lays what. The above egg belongs to my australorp! Her egg color suddenly got much darker and stayed that way. The multi colored EE pictured lays blue eggs. The black OE still is not laying. Although i found a tiny mushy shellless mess hanging from the roost the other day...

Update: so the mystery is solved. My olive egger(black hen) apparently has been laying for a while...beautiful PINK eggs! Lol..the picture doesnt show the true powder pink it is. I was thinking they belonged to my duck! Lol

Update: so the mystery is solved. My olive egger(black hen) apparently has been laying for a while...beautiful PINK eggs! Lol..the picture doesnt show the true powder pink it is. I was thinking they belonged to my duck! Lol
Sure cant. Funny thing...her name is Olive! Lol. Guess I'll have to change it to Pinkie!

Back
Top Bottom