February/March 2017 Hatch-a-long

WLLCchickencare

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 20, 2014
Hi everyone! If you have a hatch that is going to hatch in February or March comment below!

I'm setting a hatch tomorrow that is going to hatch around March 2nd.

I started my 8 eggs at 3am.
I have a styrofoam model with forced air and auto turner. I ran it for two days dry, and temp stays right at 99.5. Humidity seems off (won't have an extra hygrometer until this weekend). Dry, it stayed between 22% and 30%. After adding water, it's still showing the same.
Not too worried, since so many do low humidity starts (and there is about 1/4 cup in there), but I'd rather it be in the 40s...and, of course, I know it will need to rise significantly at lockdown.
So, will def be getting the extra hygrometer and thermometer on Saturday!

I'm in from Michigan! I have 3 EEs set to hatch on the 18th, and 7 to hatch on the 26th. I've candeled them and they're progressing nicely. I've tossed 15 yolkers so hopefully these continue to progress. I'm incubating in a farm innovators 4200 which I'm not a fan of but I am ordering a genesis 1588 advance tomorrow for my hatcher seems I will have a staggered hatch. I've read great reviews on the 1588 unit so fingers crossed it's half as good as I have read. Anybody here have input on the genesis 1588 advance unit?

Back
Top Bottom