Right BB Gun

MassChick

Chirping
Jun 15, 2016
Massachusetts
I have a fox slinking around my coop. I've tried banging pots and pans and this morning he was up on my deck next to my coop. I ran right up to it and scared him away. He ran off but I want to find the right BB Gun. I don't necessarily want to kill it just scares it for good. Another question I have is, I know federal law products Hawks from being killed. But can you shoot one with a BB gun to scare it off if it's threatening live stalk? I can't seem to get a straight answer from towns folk. I'm in Massachusetts if that helps. Any tips on good guns would be helpful. I prefer pistols. Thanks!!!

Your local Walmart has several nice but cheap CO2 powered BB gun pistols that should do the trick. If Mass does not allow them in Walmart, the ones here in Rhode Island do (short drive). for about $50 for the BB gun, $12 for a box of CO2 cartridges and then $7 or $8 for a big jar of BBs and you should be ready to go.

I got the shorter Crossman pistol that looks similar to a Beretta 9mm that was forty dollars or so and it will shoot all the way through 2 full soda cans and into the third one. We tried empty cans and it cleanly shoots through 5 of them lined up so these cheap Crossman CO2 pistols have the power to definitely hurt the fox enough to scare it off. I have used mine to scare off a pair of raccoons twice now. I have not seen them around for weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom