Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
I wanted to share the exciting news with this community before it goes live...

BYC has been working closely with an organization that promotes more humane treatment of cows for beef production. This organization wants to expand the philosophy of "cage free" and "free range" to the beef industry. Part of this campaign will promote bovine awareness. This is where BYC comes in:

Announcing BackyardCows.com

The site and domain aren't currently live, but will be later today. The site will be in a similar format to BYC (for chickens) with basic "how to" guides and a forum.

I'm excited to be involved in this new venture and will be quitting my day job to advance both BackyardChickens and BackyardCows.com

For those of you that already own cows, please shoot me an email. My wife and I are shopping around for a calf and need help with how to house, feed, care for it.

Look for a BYCows advertising campaign that will include bumper stickers, fridge magnets, and BYCows hats (really cute... they are white with black spots and have a fuzzy black tail in back).

I look forward to your participation in the new BackyardCows.com

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fantastic! I can't wait to see the new site. I will be learning all I can from everyone there since I would love to have cows. And to be able to leave the day job for this is so cool. Good luck with your calf search - how exciting. Great job on this site also - I am on daily and have printed out so much reference info I have filled two notebooks. Thank you for the great work. See you at BackyardCows.

let me wrapp my mind around what you are saying.your annoancing a new forem for what i call weekend farmers or hobby farmers.well ive been around cattle all my life.an ill help answer any questions i can.i eat nreath an sleep cattle.an your chickenmisstress can check me out on my knowlage anytime.or you either it doesnt matter to me.

big_smile.png
I am so excited for you and for the sites! I have two heifers and I LOVE COWS!! Can't wait to learn and to see more info.

Back
Top Bottom