illegal to buy light bulbs...

soap&eggs

Songster
9 Years
Jul 22, 2010
i just posted about this in the section of raising chicks...forgot this section was here...too hard to retype all from phone !!! please go over & read & let me know if youve heard of this also & what we all can do .please...thanks.

Quote:
The measure was signed into law in December 2007.

Surely they won't phase out incandescent heat bulbs too. So much for using a 60 watt bulb in the coop for a little extra winter warmth
barnie.gif
he.gif

I do wish the blasted politicians would quit treating us like imbeciles.

This is why we need less government. The old standard light bulb which has been used for over 100 years is being taken from us and replaced with the compact fluorescent bulb, which threaten to poison us with the heavy metal mercury. All this to save us from CO2 emissions because of the liberal fantasy of global warming (which has been largely debunked because is was based on non-existent data).

So now we will have heavy metals in our homes. If you break one of these new government-ordered bulbs, better call out the HAZMAT team because it can be dangerous to clean up: What if I accidentally break a fluorescent lamp in my house?
hide.gif

I think I'm going to go on a lightbulb shopping spree. Maybe buy like 1000 of them so I'll have enough to last me a lifetime.
roll.png

How about finding clean energy sources instead of relying on fossil fuels? The idiocy is amazing. We do have one of the CF lights and they sure do last a long time but I am concerned about safety like others mentioned. Have you ever seen one of those break!?

Quote:
That thought crossed my mind as well... of course I need to get some today anyways since we're out... and I do tend to buy extra so we don't get blown and then have to dash to the store... but where the devil could you store 1000 bulbs? Not like TP you can just toss anywhere....

OMG... I just imagined my families' faces when they open the hall cabinet doors and it's floor to ceiling lightbulbs....
lau.gif

Might be worth it just for that.

Quote:
Looks like I'm going to have to do that as well...flourescent lighting triggers my migraines...
I plan on living at least another 40-45 yrs or so (God willing), so how many light bulbs should I stock up on???

Back
Top Bottom