yeah my chickens sometimes get twine from straw wrapped around their legs. especiallt the roosters. those spurs make them accident prone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
Cochin Thread!!! - Page 2046
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #20452 of 2158812/11/15 at 9:10amQuote:Originally Posted by cabinchicky
just a ballerina please check her legs asap. It is hard to do but it takes time. have someone help hold her if you can. look for swelling and redness at the hip, knee and foot. My Stumpy has a knee that is dislocated but he gets on fine. He sits more than the others but walks and flies to get around. Good luck with yours!
I checked the legs they seem fine. Very thick but no swelling. The thickness has me worrying it may be a he though or is it just that Cochins are a larger breed?7 chickens, Easter Egger, Australorp, Welsummer, Polish Crested, Gold Lace Wyandotte, Buff Orpington, Frizzle7 chickens, Easter Egger, Australorp, Welsummer, Polish Crested, Gold Lace Wyandotte, Buff Orpington, Frizzlepost #20453 of 2158812/11/15 at 9:44ampost #20454 of 2158812/11/15 at 11:23ampost #20455 of 2158812/11/15 at 11:25ampost #20456 of 2158812/11/15 at 12:23pm
Violet is so cute! Do you know what color she will be or should be?Meet the Feather Mountain Flock!Peep (Amerucana), Frosting (Delaware), Hazel (Speckled Sussex), Circuit (Buckeye), Paisley (White Cochin), Mr. Stella (Birchen Cochin Bantam), Lacey (Golden Laced Wyandotte), Aurora, (Splash Andalusian), Venus (Blue Andalusian), Twinkie (Buff Orpington), Raven (Australorp), Winston (Salmon Faverolle) and 2 Pekin ducks! Mini and Hercules!~Read about them here!Meet the Feather Mountain Flock!Peep (Amerucana), Frosting (Delaware), Hazel (Speckled Sussex), Circuit (Buckeye), Paisley (White Cochin), Mr. Stella (Birchen Cochin Bantam), Lacey (Golden Laced Wyandotte), Aurora, (Splash Andalusian), Venus (Blue Andalusian), Twinkie (Buff Orpington), Raven (Australorp), Winston (Salmon Faverolle) and 2 Pekin ducks! Mini and Hercules!~Read about them here!post #20457 of 2158812/11/15 at 6:15pmQuote:
Thank you and I hope that when your chicks hatch they'll be the most beautiful chicks you'll ever see!! I also have my fingers crossed for your spring hatching!!post #20458 of 2158812/11/15 at 6:25pmpost #20459 of 2158812/11/15 at 6:28pm
- Farm Daze
Currently, there are 1402 Active Users (197 Members and 1205 Guests)
- › Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!! 16 seconds ago
- › What is this roo's color name? 17 seconds ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 17 seconds ago
- › HENS NOT LAYING REGULARLY 20 seconds ago
- › when to move outdoors 2 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 3 minutes ago
- › Saddle worth?? 4 minutes ago
- › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. 4 minutes ago
- › Can you tell the difference between a hen or a roo egg? 4 minutes ago
- › New chick member 4 minutes ago
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.