Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
Cochin Thread!!! - Page 2090
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #20892 of 215884/1/16 at 10:05pmQuote:Ok thanks can't wait til Monday gets here!Originally Posted by Cochins Elite
I wrap each egg in a paper towel then I put them in a egg carton the paper towel fills any empty space. Then I fill the box with plastic bags they are soft but hold everything in place.
then I write all over the box this side up, do not flip, do not stack, do not X-Ray, Hatching eggspost #20893 of 215884/2/16 at 3:55ampost #20894 of 215884/2/16 at 7:09amQuote:Originally Posted by cabinchicky
Question Please anyone who incubates! How the heck do you see when candle g dark shelled or thick shelled eggs? I can see fine on the lighter brown eggs from the Bantams but those LF eggs nope! Any ideas please. Eggs should start to hatch week of April 11, 18 in all.
It's kind of hard to see on my dark shelled eggs, but you have to have a trained eye. I can see the veins but I can't really see the embryo movepost #20895 of 215884/2/16 at 7:57am
I'm finally a Cochin owner again, yay! I received a hatchery order this morning, and the LF Cochins are definitely my favorites. I got blue, splash and barred. Here's an adorable picture I snapped after getting them all settled in. Looks like they needed a little comfort after their long trip.Nikki
*C'mon, get flappy!*Nikki
*C'mon, get flappy!*post #20896 of 215884/2/16 at 11:50ampost #20897 of 215884/2/16 at 1:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by howfunkyisurchicken
I'm finally a Cochin owner again, yay! I received a hatchery order this morning, and the LF Cochins are definitely my favorites. I got blue, splash and barred. Here's an adorable picture I snapped after getting them all settled in. Looks like they needed a little comfort after their long trip.
Love that fluffy butt pic :) they are very pretty even at this tender age.post #20898 of 215884/2/16 at 1:26pmpost #20899 of 215884/2/16 at 2:08pmpost #20900 of 215884/2/16 at 4:01pmI received my first Cochin, along with being a first time Chicken Mama last week. We decided on a Giant Black, and are very excited to see how she turns out. I will say she is the sassiest chick in the bunch. Betty sure will live up to being our interesting chicken out of the Buff Orp and the Gold Laced Wyn.
- Farm Daze
- › What killed my chickens? 4 minutes ago
- › Should I buy eggs or wait it out? 4 minutes ago
- › Just got a pair of Australorps and both look a bit worst for wares 8 minutes ago
- › 3 month old silkies need help with sexing please 11 minutes ago
- › Best predator proof automatic coop door 16 minutes ago
- › Cayuga ducks and winter 26 minutes ago
- › Salmon Faverolle chicks... What Gender? 34 minutes ago
- › New Australorp hen with eye issue 38 minutes ago
- › Roosters banned and chickens restricted because of RATS in my town 41 minutes ago
- › Is this an Old English Bantam or OEB mix? 44 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.