Bob, is she a member here? I believe you can leave feedback if she is.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 11/1/13 at 10:12pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Anyone have any idea what breed she is? Last post on 9/15/12 at 6:12pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Need help with breeds! Last post on 3/9/13 at 8:17am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Buff Orpington, Australorps, Welsummers and Plymouth Rock?? Last post on 6/27/13 at 10:12pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Posting on behalf of a co-worker - need help determining breed :) Last post on 5/4/12 at 6:50am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Plymouth Rock Barred By Chicks ChickensLast edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock BlueLast edited: 1/10/12
Loving these guys. I have 2 different bloodlines - both great- though one is more colorful than the other. As a general rule of thumb, better birds usually are plain colors, as they were bred...
Wonderful little birds, beautiful and sweet. They were a pain to hatch, but worth it. The babies didnt live past 7 weeks, though. All died. It was weird. Great Broodie's, and very personable little...
I love this little incubator. I get excellent hatch rates with it. It even managed to hatch shipped northern pintail eggs. I've hatched quails, chickens and ducks with this incubator. I highly...
Here's my black sexlink hen My other black sexlink hen
Mandarin ducks are great for someone getting ornamental waterfowl. They are readily available and simply stunning. They make nice vocalizations, have nice displays, and their nesting habits are...
Plymouth Rock thread! - Page 248
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2472 of 55184/8/12 at 6:17am
Any thoughts on this one? Male or female. This one is a 6.5 week old. Feathering is dark but is definitely ahead of the rest on the color beginning to show on the face. Thanks!
Some of the others are showing tinges of pinkish red.post #2473 of 55184/8/12 at 6:39ampost #2474 of 55184/8/12 at 8:43amQuote:
just my 2 cents,and that 's not much,i don't see any wattles on my females and by the time i do, i can identify the roosters without a doubt.Living a great life with DH and 2 awesome kids,2 heelers,horses and chickens
heritage rhode island reds,bantam salmon faverolles and blue plymouth rocks-hatching eggs available***Living a great life with DH and 2 awesome kids,2 heelers,horses and chickens
heritage rhode island reds,bantam salmon faverolles and blue plymouth rocks-hatching eggs available***post #2475 of 55184/8/12 at 6:50pmpost #2476 of 55184/8/12 at 7:14pmPheazAnts, my vote is pullet. My chicks are 5 week old barred rocks. I'm going by dark color and my roos combs are much bigger. Look at my post count. I'm the rookie out of ones voting so far. I do see the wattles on yours. I haven't payed that close attention to my pullets. I'll have to look at my pullets in the morning. I might change my mind and edit my post.post #2477 of 55184/9/12 at 4:39amEveryone's comments are appreciated. I'm learning as I go and enjoy reading others insight. I'm really enjoying my first introduction to chickens with these Barred Rocks.post #2478 of 55184/9/12 at 8:09amI'm definately sticking with my vote for pullet. Reasons: dark color, small comb, and small wattle. I looked at my pullets this morning. You can't see the wattles from a distance like the roos. Up close you can see them. I knew they were pullets, never paid that close attention.
My chicks are 5 weeks old. My pullets look just like your bird.post #2479 of 55184/11/12 at 4:47pm
She is going on 6 weeks old now. This is Rex and Dottie's pullet chick. Guess I'll have to find a name to call her since she's staying. She lives with the D'Anver bantams.post #2480 of 55184/11/12 at 5:27pm
- Farm Daze
- › The Q&A Game! 9 seconds ago
- › sn0wwhite's Wichita Coop for the Twin Cities 10 seconds ago
- › The Old Folks Home 17 seconds ago
- › Post Bumble Foot Recovery Question 45 seconds ago
- › Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat 46 seconds ago
- › Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man 52 seconds ago
- › show quality speckled sussex ?? 1 minute ago
- › Fowl Pox? 1 minute ago
- › State a fact about yourself! 1 minute ago
- › What breed am I?? 1 minute ago
- › Homing Pigeon by CochinBrahmaLover
- › Serama by CochinBrahmaLover
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by Avlana
- › Black Sex Link chicken by chicken farmer
- › Mandarin by Blue Creek Farm
- › Star by Math
- › Farm Innovators "All-Seasons" Heated Plastic Poultry... by BarredRock1980
- › Plymouth Rock by machuni
- › Australorp by machuni
- › Royal Palm by billrey
- › Fort Cluckins by Idess
- › Cluckitall's coronation sussex by cluckitall
- › My Chickens1 by ChicknsRock
- › The hen that liked to hitch hike by Boondocks Farm
- › How much room do chickens need by BYC Project Manager
- › Egg peritonitis is NOT incurable! Soft... by Luvmy9hens
- › Emu Hatch Fall 2013 to Spring 2014 by yinepu
- › Cold Weather Brooder / Coop by Lancaster KY
- › Cold Weather Brooder / Coop Tour by Lancaster KY
- › The Pros and Cons of Getting Chickens by roostersandhens