Plymouth Rock thread!

If I'm needing or wanting to pick up one of the young chicks I tuck their faces under my arm or I cover them with a hand against my tummy. It quiets them right down. My older chicks (2 months) rarely get picked up because I don't have the time but I do hang out in their yard once a day and let them come near me, get used to my voice.

@mizjones
Thank you so much! We love it here too
1f496.png
Moved to NW AR in fall of '05 from OK. Built a house on our land almost 3 years ago now. This is my first year with chickens, ever & I'm loving learning about them all. I have a Patridge (almost a year old from last spring), a silver Penciled & the buff (babies 3 weeks old). I really enjoy the rocks! I have a very mixed bag of birds & they are all so different. Fun to watch
1f60a.png

Any suggestions on why this little man is so small?
He is roughly two and a half weeks old, my fiance bought them for me on the 9th of March along with 7 others. I also had a flock of 6 at home. But this one is worrying me with how he isnt growing. My other 2 week olds are getting huge and feathering out where as he isnt.
My first set are almost a month old and they are almost fully feathered minus a few spots here and there.

I see him eating and drinking, he poo's normally just really small and always has a scowl on his face.

this is with a clutch mate of the same age

this is with a same aged Buff Orp

I will get more photo's of everyone after duckling bath time

One of my buff orpingtons was small like that. When the others looked like gangly teenagers she still looked like a chick. She matured out just fine (albeit slowly) and now is full sized and is actually the lead hen. I wouldn't worry.

edit: You can see her in the middle here

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom