Thank you... my hens are feathered more, but I really like this one... she's a pretty splash pullet now...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Silkie thread! - Page 5688post #56872 of 6218511/9/15 at 1:36pmpost #56873 of 6218511/9/15 at 1:49pmpost #56874 of 6218511/9/15 at 1:50pmpost #56875 of 6218511/9/15 at 2:06pm
By the looks of that stink-eye that chick is giving you, I would assume a stubborn (but beautiful) little cockerel, but here is only one real way to tell; you'll have to wait till this cutie lays or crows, whichever comes first XD
Adorable chick by the way! I would love to steal him/her XD Put him/her under my white silkies wing and take pictures XD
jk i wont steal your adorable floofy chick, but definitely thinking about breeding! My mom doesn't want me to breed my silkies.... thinks it will be too much of a hassle on her, and she wont have the time or patience. I've tried explaining that i'll keep them in my room, but she thinks that the worst idea ever. so im a a loss at the moment.XD
Edited by Banaynaychicken - 11/9/15 at 2:07pm"I Dream of a Better Tommorow where a chicken can cross the road, and not have his motives questioned." Anonymous"I Dream of a Better Tommorow where a chicken can cross the road, and not have his motives questioned." Anonymouspost #56876 of 6218511/9/15 at 2:16pm
What is the size comparison of a Bantam Silkie opposed to a Standard Silkie? Im hoping to get a Standard silkie soon, But I wanna know how big they are opposed to Bantams."I Dream of a Better Tommorow where a chicken can cross the road, and not have his motives questioned." Anonymouspost #56877 of 6218511/9/15 at 2:28pmQuote:This is the standard here in Aus. It has the bantam and standard weights.
http://www.freewebs.com/silkiebreeders/silkiestandards.htmpost #56878 of 6218511/9/15 at 2:46pmQuote:
Are you in the US?
If so, lf (Standard size) Silkies have never been imported... I believe there are a few people breeding for larger size, but currently there are only bantam Silkies in the US...Frawg MuseFrawg Musepost #56879 of 6218511/9/15 at 2:51pm
- Farm Daze
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 3 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 20 seconds ago
- › BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 21 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 22 seconds ago
- › Arizona Chickens 24 seconds ago
- › Summer's chat thread! 1 minute ago
- › Hen acting like a roo 1 minute ago
- › ~*The Weekly Peep*~ 2 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...