BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Pictures & Stories of My Chickens › Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show off your Old English Game Bantams!! - Page 281

post #2801 of 3000


This little guy is puzzling me. I've held all along that he's a sport, as he was an extremely light colored chick at hatching. Only thing is he doesn't have any splash. Maybe a tiny bit of darker color in one or two spots, but he's almost completely a self blue/lavender colored bird.

If he's a sport, he's going to be one of the cleanest I've ever seen. If not, what the heck is he? May not find out until I breed him.

Any ideas?

He's from my blue brassy line.
Edited by jophus - 6/19/16 at 7:25am
post #2802 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jophus View Post



This little guy is puzzling me. I've held all along that he's a sport, as he was an extremely light colored chick at hatching. Only thing is he doesn't have any splash. Maybe a tiny bit of darker color in one or two spots, but he's almost completely a self blue/lavender colored bird.

If he's a sport, he's going to be one of the cleanest I've ever seen. If not, what the heck is he? May not find out until I breed him.

Any ideas?

He's from my blue brassy line.

That is unusual...his overall appearance makes me think splash because of the hackles. Is that brass leakage on the secondaries? Has he molted ? He's going to be pretty!
"Know well the condition of your flocks...."  Proverbs 27:23
Reply
"Know well the condition of your flocks...."  Proverbs 27:23
Reply
post #2803 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbevilleoz View Post

That is unusual...his overall appearance makes me think splash because of the hackles. Is that brass leakage on the secondaries? Has he molted ? He's going to be pretty!

Yes. Hes starting to show some brass, but no real dark coloration anywhere.



post #2804 of 3000
He has to be a super clean sport.
post #2805 of 3000




Uwohali (Eagle) and Diva. I'm not sure what they are, but I believe maybe crele?? They have that pattern on their feathers. Oh, and of corse Diva is the little hen...the photogenic one wink.png
post #2806 of 3000
So I am new to BYC and have stumbled upon this thread and I hope this is the place to ask.i have some OEGB I have considered doing some crosses but don't know enough about genetics to know what I would end up getting color wise...I have red pyles--spangles---and BB reds


Any ideas?
post #2807 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben1187 View Post

So I am new to BYC and have stumbled upon this thread and I hope this is the place to ask.i have some OEGB I have considered doing some crosses but don't know enough about genetics to know what I would end up getting color wise...I have red pyles--spangles---and BB reds


Any ideas?

I would go with spangled into Red Pyle. That's the only cross that would give you something you don't already have.

Depending on quality, you could improve your pyles and spangled with your BBR.
post #2808 of 3000
By crossing the two what would that give me? Really I'm pretty clueless how the genetics work now by breeding the bb red to the red pyle would that make the sales darker red?
post #2809 of 3000
Saddles ******
post #2810 of 3000
Just found out mine are in fact bb red and crele. That's what your mixes would look like^^ if you bred those two breeds
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Pictures & Stories of My Chickens › Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!