Edited by jsummers - 12/13/15 at 9:42pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemCall Ducktagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16
- itemChoosing & Raising Chickenstagged by jchny2000, 5/5/16
- categoryDuckstagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- brandFrench White Muscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryGeesetagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemGolden Pheasanttagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIncubatorstagged by jchny2000, 2/14/16
- topicIndiana Ordinancestagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemMallardtagged by jchny2000, 4/25/16More
- itemMuscovytagged by jchny2000, 2/3/16
- categoryOther Poultrytagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPeafowltagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- itemPearl Guineatagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryQuailtagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
- categoryTurkeystagged by jchny2000, 1/18/16
Related Forum Threads
- Chicken Nutrition- What Your Chicken Needs in Its Feed Last post on 9/5/16 at 1:58am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:45 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy Last post on 9/24/16 at 5:55pm in Ducks
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing ChartLast edited: 10/17/12
- Hatching Eggs 101Last edited: 10/12/16
- Incubating And Hatching Muscovy EggsLast edited: 4/27/14
- Malformation, Disabilities, Deformations in Quail and How to Cure...Last edited: 6/26/14
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! - Page 4498post #44972 of 4994412/13/15 at 4:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Faraday40
Jchny2000 - Great news about your mom!
Took the kids to see Santa. (As usual we skipped the mall & went to the Bank, where the parents are encouraged to take as many photos as they wish & each child gets a stuffed Beanie toy, giant candy cane, & a long talk on Santa's lap.) Since they were dressed up, we took some Xmas photos too.
As usual chicken pics also ended up in my camera.
Here's my son's baby. She's a little too much chicken for him to handle, but boy do they love each other.
I'm sure all the people driving by our house thought I was nuts.
Aw! Those are great pics! You son looks so sweet. And that hen is beautiful!post #44973 of 4994412/13/15 at 9:28amQuote:
Thanks. She's actually a mutt, but looks mostly like her Lav Orp dad. We're still waiting for that 1st egg.post #44974 of 4994412/13/15 at 5:22pmThread StarterQuote:
I just love the orp mixes, they get so huge!post #44975 of 4994412/13/15 at 5:30pmpost #44976 of 4994412/13/15 at 6:24pmpost #44977 of 4994412/13/15 at 7:12pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jsummers
You can also check out my website for other items for sale. (or only works on computers right now) mobile doesn't show the rams to select. Www.summerssanctuary.com
Websites looking great!post #44978 of 4994412/13/15 at 7:13pmThread Starter
They really are lovely birds. I keep a lot of different breeds, but my Lavender Orpington are heart stealers. If I had to choose 1 breed it would be them.post #44979 of 4994412/13/15 at 8:40pmThread Starter
Had a very pleasant weekend, rain almost completely missed us here. As always great to visit with @racinchickins Saturday! I have 2 of the rescued peafowl now! a beautiful black shoulder cock, and lovely India blue hen. thank you again @ellymayRans they are just stunning! Also have a new Midget white tom, and he is a real hen's Tom! Almost every turkey hen I have were crowding around him and plopping on the ground, just lining up. We had a good laugh over it! Also had the pleasure of meeting @Hholly and hope to have more time to visit in the future.
@Indyshent I also have a Christmas surprise for you next time you are up my way....
My cow was being a crazy girl today, jumping around like a calf! She had some good rolls in the grass, LOL Its funny, all the other critters she is with bolt off in different directions when Fanny does her rolls. I think my goat does realize you better move, she is big. Daisy (our donkey) brays at her, almost like she is laughing! My goats have become very attached to Daisy, and follow her everywhere. If Daisy is expecting a foal, I will probably keep it. I am really enjoying having her, and with her here I won't need a LGD. She seems to just know hawks and owls are not welcome in her pasture.
And I found 2 more goose eggs.. just crazy. My youngest brown Chinese hen is still laying. Geese normally only lay a few months late winter into late spring. The Sumatra are laying very well, My orps, RIR and leghorn are still laying great. And of course the comets! We went to DHs Christmas party tonight and 2 of his coworkers asked about eggs, lol. The boss was more interested in pork, told him come on over next time we process!post #44980 of 4994412/13/15 at 9:25pm
Edited by jsummers - 12/13/15 at 9:37pm
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing Chart
- › Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat -... 8 seconds ago
- › Just got two ginnys 11 seconds ago
- › 26 weeks, no eggs! 1 minute ago
- › Consolidated Kansas 1 minute ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 1 minute ago
- › Results from First Year with Deep Litter Method 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › Genetic Hackle; AKA "Fly Tying Chickens" Info for the interested. 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Michigan Thread - all are welcome! 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age