Ohhhh! In that case, yes. It is a molt. They are getting bigger feathers in. All of the birds do it (I now have an image of a teen aged girl whining, "But, Daaaaad! All the cool kids are doing it!" )
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 2:38 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Pipped at Wrong End Last post on 4/23/16 at 5:57am in Ducks
- What do you wish you'd done differently with your duck housing? Last post on 4/14/16 at 4:12pm in Ducks
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
Building our Duck Pond
Last edited: 8/18/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Pinkalicous Duck TractorLast edited: 3/8/14
- Alaskan's Smaller CoopsLast edited: 4/4/15
- 2013 WATERFOWL Breeders DirectoryLast edited: 2/8/13
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Pekin Duck Club! - Page 842post #8412 of 104431/5/16 at 3:13pmpost #8413 of 104431/5/16 at 7:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by sarahbeth006
Hi all! Glad I found you, I would love to be added to the club! I have two pekins, Jackie and Jace, both hens (we think). I have a question...one of them seems to be losingfeathers on her chest and has new ones coming in. We're in Northeastern NC, so it had been in the 80's last week and now is in the 20's and snowing. I was wondering if pekins molt regularly or if the weird weather is throwing them off? I tried to get a picture but they are really skittish. It's the one on the left.
Welcome, I think there are a lot of newbies on here. I know I am one! Again...Welcome!post #8414 of 104431/6/16 at 11:25ampost #8415 of 104431/6/16 at 4:30pm
I have Buffs, Runners, and a BEI.
One of my Buffs, Romy, started molting a couple of days ago. Sigh. Some ducks just molt at the worst possible times. Keep her warm enough, make sure she's getting good food, with just a little extra protein, perhaps. I give mine a little bit of good quality dry cat kibble especially in winter and when they are molting.post #8416 of 104431/8/16 at 4:30am@MotorcycleChick
Oh my, they look happy!!!! I miss them so much, you have no idea!!! What's up with the eggs in the incubator? I have my whole duck future planned out! Lol. I just have to get a place to begin my big plans, I figure that will happen within the next 4 yrs!!!! . . Wow, do I have issues!!!!!
Edited by duckies1230 - 1/8/16 at 4:33ampost #8417 of 104431/8/16 at 4:32ampost #8418 of 104431/8/16 at 7:06amThe eggs got fried. Not sure they were even fertile after all. The temperature spike happened the first few days, so they wouldn't have been formed enough to identify a baby.
I'm thinking I will order ducklings soon. I almost adopted two blue Swedish ducks as well as a Muscovy last week. That didn't happen due to transportation issues.post #8419 of 104431/8/16 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by DenverDucky
I haven't found a club yet so I figured I would start my own! Pekin duck owners unite! Please feel free to share stories, pictures, breed information and most of all, have fun chatting with others about the comical, chatty and beautiful Pekin Duck!
My beautiful pekin, Soleil <3Quote:
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › Black Australorp Rooster 23 seconds ago
- › Need help?? 24 seconds ago
- › White Ameraucana photos? 30 seconds ago
- › BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win! 34 seconds ago
- › Sex- linked Information 1 minute ago
- › breed and gender 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway! 1 minute ago
- › breed and gender please 1 minute ago
- › Most Intelligent Peep! 🐔🐓🐤 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Metro Boston
- › Mia HammAndEggs & her sisters
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House