At what age does the "drake" feather make an appearance if it is a male?
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 5:48 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Duck Pipped at Wrong End Last post on 4/23/16 at 5:57am in Ducks
- What do you wish you'd done differently with your duck housing? Last post on 4/14/16 at 4:12pm in Ducks
- WANTED Swan Hatching Eggs or any duck breeds. Last post on 4/29/15 at 7:01pm in Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs
Building our Duck Pond
Last edited: 8/18/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Pinkalicous Duck TractorLast edited: 3/8/14
- Alaskan's Smaller CoopsLast edited: 4/4/15
- 2013 WATERFOWL Breeders DirectoryLast edited: 2/8/13
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
Pekin Duck Club! - Page 1000post #9992 of 104396/2/16 at 10:44ampost #9993 of 104396/2/16 at 12:12pmQuote:
Don't know about the feather, I don't have any drakes, only hens. But you should be able to tell by the voice. If it quacks (like the sound you expect to hear a duck make) it's a hen. If it is a soft sound, kinda like a hiss, it is a drake. Since I have all hens it is VERY noisy when they want something, LOL!
Mpost #9994 of 104396/3/16 at 7:33amWell ended up redoing the sexing on our ducks just to make definitely sure of what we have and turns out we have 4 females and to males the second male that we just found today stayed quiet when I did the original check the little sneaker lol. My females are the super roudy one and my males are super quiet and affactinate especially when they are being held once you get them they just kind of chill in your arm our female don't care to much to be held at all they will run up to us but once we try to pick them up they go the other way lolpost #9995 of 104396/5/16 at 6:17pmpost #9996 of 104396/5/16 at 6:41pmpost #9997 of 104396/5/16 at 6:45pmI've read at a couple of different places, that Pekins do not fly. Their body:wing ratio doesn't seem like it could support them.
We just got 3 Muscovey that are about the same body size (unsure about age) and two of the females have already flown a few times, and we've only had them for about 3 days! Also, their wings are HUGE compared to our Pekins wings. Our Pekins have been with us since they were ducklings, they've been fully feathered, fluffy and georgous for about a month and they've never flown.
I still don't know 100%, but am personally waiting until I see one fly before I do any trimming.post #9998 of 104396/5/16 at 10:23pmpost #9999 of 104396/6/16 at 3:30ampost #10000 of 104396/6/16 at 6:56am
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › *The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp 30 seconds ago
- › Hello From Florida 46 seconds ago
- › Roost Suggestions 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 2 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 2 minutes ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 3 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 4 minutes ago
- › I've been lurking too long! -Harvard, MA 5 minutes ago
- › Araucana thread anyone? 5 minutes ago
- › Genetics for ameraucanas 5 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page