“Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS” a Random Posting CONTEST Thread ~ Hosts, Mike & Sally

Peanuts Make Chickens Lay Bigger Eggs post #39347
d91009c577ce7b71.jpg
panang_peanuts.jpg

Last edited:
Brooder Tip!

I buy plastic tablecloths on clearance or 2 or 3 for a dollar at dollar tree, Walmart, etc and put that in the bottom of the brooder and layer liberally with pine shavings...when it's time to change the brooder, I just grab one end of the tablecloth under the shavings and roll it up into itself, pick it up and toss the whole thing in the trash! Makes it SO much easier and faster for me!

Then put the next one down and layer with fresh pine shavings again - DONE!

Brooder Tip!

I buy plastic tablecloths on clearance or 2 or 3 for a dollar at dollar tree, Walmart, etc and put that in the bottom of the brooder and layer liberally with pine shavings...when it's time to change the brooder, I just grab one end of the tablecloth under the shavings and roll it up into itself, pick it up and toss the whole thing in the trash! Makes it SO much easier and faster for me!

Then put the next one down and layer with fresh pine shavings again - DONE!
clap.gif

I do this large scale with CHEAP tarps and pull them up over the side to keep the shavings etc in place and not all over the place, and then I drag them outside and dump them out!

025cb87c_IMAG2333.jpeg

LL

A few GREAT ideas to keep the Brooder CLEAN!

LL

A cake pan and cooling rack inside a rubbermaid tub work well to help catch
excess water and feed for an easy clean up in the brooder. Its important to keep the brooder dry!

Cut jugs at the base level of the chicks neck so they can drink
and if they do get inside the jug it wont be over their heads.
Just big enough to get their head in and out comfortably.
And throw the lid out, DONT put it on the jug!

Make a new jug every week or as needed, Ducklings GROW FAST!

REFER TO THIS LINK FOR A GREAT ADULT WATERER! http://permaculturenews.org/2013/05/20/poo-free-self-filling-duck-waterer/

@chicken hawk 33

LL

A few GREAT ideas to keep the Brooder CLEAN!

LL

A cake pan and cooling rack inside a rubbermaid tub work well to help catch
excess water and feed for an easy clean up in the brooder. Its important to keep the brooder dry!

Cut jugs at the base level of the chicks neck so they can drink
and if they do get inside the jug it wont be over their heads.
Just big enough to get their head in and out comfortably.
And throw the lid out, DONT put it on the jug!

Make a new jug every week or as needed, Ducklings GROW FAST!

REFER TO THIS LINK FOR A GREAT ADULT WATERER! http://permaculturenews.org/2013/05/20/poo-free-self-filling-duck-waterer/

@chicken hawk 33
I needed ALL these duck tips. THANK YOU!!!! I can't wait to hatch ducklings next!!!!

Back
Top Bottom