‼️HELP‼️ Leghorn hen sick/lethargic?! Possibility of vent gleet?

Okay, thank you so much for helping! You are a life saver!
You are very kind, but I just want you know I could be wrong. I would start searching worms here and see what you can find, maybe search poop, too. There are a lot of good articles in here, you just have to find them 😊 Everyone might be sleeping, if they don’t respond get it going again in the morning. Good luck 🍀

Without having your vet check the poop for fungus, coccidia, or worms it is hard to know the cause of her soiled vent. I would clean her up with a warm soapy bath and rinse well, towel and blow dry. Give her 1/2 tsp of Monistat or miconazole cream twice a day orally. Use the cream around the vent as well. Use probiotics or plain Greek yogurt in her diet every day for the next couple of weeks. Prevent her from getting into compost beds, and check your feed for any possible mold forming in the container.

Without having your vet check the poop for fungus, coccidia, or worms it is hard to know the cause of her soiled vent. I would clean her up with a warm soapy bath and rinse well, towel and blow dry. Give her 1/2 tsp of Monistat or miconazole cream twice a day orally. Use the cream around the vent as well. Use probiotics or plain Greek yogurt in her diet every day for the next couple of weeks. Prevent her from getting into compost beds, and check your feed for any possible mold forming in the container.
Hello Eggcessive, thank you so much for your tip! :)

Back
Top Bottom