• Pheasant Eggs

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Duck Eggs

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Other (please tell us below)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Pics
I had about 9 Ayam Cemani, 9 Lavender Orpington, and 4 Silver Appleyards eggs in the incubator, but left the lid off for a couple hours due to stupidity 🤦‍♂️. I have to wait to see if I killed them. To think they were going into lockdown in just two days...
They'll be fine. My power company like to plan scheduled all day power outages on the first day of lockdown every hatch. They all make it.

Cos everyone likes chicky pics
20200912_121119_resized.jpg
20200912_121259_resized.jpg

I had about 9 Ayam Cemani, 9 Lavender Orpington, and 4 Silver Appleyards eggs in the incubator, but left the lid off for a couple hours due to stupidity 🤦‍♂️. I have to wait to see if I killed them. To think they were going into lockdown in just two days...

If only for a couple hours, I think they would be fine. We all make mistakes like that. I accidentally left my call duck eggs out overnight once (forgot to put them back in after taking them out to let them cool for a little while).

We had our own egg hatch a week ago and this morning one of my BCM eggs pipped! It did pip facing away from the air cell so I'm going to keep an eye on it but from what I've read it should be alright. There are 2 other BCM eggs that I think actually developed so this one was more of a surprise. It's been hard to tell with their dark shells. I'll be happy if just one hatches and I'm sure our poor little week old chick will be too. Unfortunately even though 4 of my Mille Fleur eggs developed none made it to lockdown.

Today is day 4 for my Ayam Cemani eggs, day 3 for the easter eggers, so I thought I would take a look and see whats up. 2 of the easter eggers were definitely rotten, so those came out, and I ended up opening pretty much all of the easter eggers... nothing was even trying to grow. Probably too scrambled in transit. Check the Ayams and ended up taking out 3 and opening them since they weren't doing anything, the others aren't looking great either, but figured we will wait and see on those... the 3 I took out? Not even fertile. Smh.

Today is hatch day for our barn yard mix chicks. This is our first time, and frustrating because we can’t see into our incubator. But my husband was resourceful and grabbed me his “lizard cam” that I can shove through a vent hole and take a peep 🐣 😉 so far I can hear them moving around and I can see at least two chicks and several eggs pipping. Pray for my strength to keep the lid closed!! 😁
26B535F8-6085-4FAE-8A0D-175D6352ADB6.jpeg
1183BC7A-BA14-482D-90B7-59175AB0D0F7.jpeg

While I sit and wait until the end of the week for my quail to hatch, I’ll share this lovely little first time broody again, with her 3 week old, completely adopted chicks. :p if you didn’t know they were grafted you’d think she had hatched them (I gave them to her last week); that’s how good they are at sticking with her and coming when she calls to them. 🥰 And everyone else just ignores them like they’ve always been there. 👍
C4C02FDA-B6F1-4380-9B48-D10329D17C9F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom