šŸ£šŸ„Black Copper Marans and Whiting True Blues. Lots of videosšŸŽ„

Hereā€™s a short video showing all 9 whiting true blues.

The black copper marans are at 18 weeks and are crowing regularly starting about 6:30am. Iā€™ll make a decision within the next 2 weeks which marans rooster to keep. Counting the whiting cockerelsā€¦ my rooster to hen ratio is way out of whack at 7 to 6. Iā€™d like to keep 1 marans rooster and 1 WTB long enough to hatch out some chicks.

I culled the smaller of the 2 roosters. He was the dominate bird, mounting the hens and fighting off the larger rooster. I was planning on keeping him until he jumped on my little girl when she was feeding them.
Itā€™s quieter and more peaceful in the yard now. Iā€™m looking to rehome 3 more of the whiting true blue cockerels if anybody is interested.
First pic is the culled rooster and second is the keeper for now.

IMG_2491.jpeg
IMG_2497.jpeg

Hereā€™s some of the whiting true blues. The first one Iā€™m keeping. The one in the second pic is probably the coolest looking one.
IMG_2521.jpeg
IMG_2500.jpeg
IMG_2477.jpeg

I culled the smaller of the 2 roosters. He was the dominate bird, mounting the hens and fighting off the larger rooster. I was planning on keeping him until he jumped on my little girl when she was feeding them.
Itā€™s quieter and more peaceful in the yard now. Iā€™m looking to rehome 3 more of the whiting true blue cockerels if anybody is interested.
First pic is the culled rooster and second is the keeper for now.

View attachment 3766734View attachment 3766735
I recently culled a couple problem cockerels. Before the act I kept going back and forth on whether it was the right decision. The day after the deed was done I was 100% sure I made the right decision. The overall flock dynamics were just so much more calm and I had no more worries that any people or birds were in any danger or distress.

I found homes for 4 of the WTB cockerels. Iā€™m keeping this young cockerel that has been so friendly through the chick stages.
IMG_2847.jpeg

Now that heā€™s maturing all the pullets are scared of him, I think heā€™s been giving them a good thrashing when Iā€™m not around.

The BCM rooster ended in the soup pot. Itā€™s too bad I couldnā€™t keep him, but his crowing was excessive and he attacked every family member including my 6 year old.
Now I have 2 BCM pullets that are 6 months old and have laid about a dozen eggs now and 4 WTB pullets and 1 WTB cockerel that are 16 weeks old.
The marans are easier to handle than the WTBs. They fly over the fence and try to stay away from the young cockerel.
Hereā€™s a pic of the WTB cockerel. Heā€™s much quieter than the Marans was, but that could easily change in the near few weeks.
IMG_3098.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom