šŸ£šŸ„Black Copper Marans and Whiting True Blues. Lots of videosšŸŽ„

The cute chick with all the facial markings came out of a very large pink egg. The first yellow chick pic has dark skin, green legs. It came from an olive egg. The Marans are very active and bouncy. I didnā€™t get any pics yet of the all black fibros.

IMG_3781.jpeg
IMG_3774.jpeg
IMG_3767.jpeg
IMG_3766.jpeg
IMG_3761.jpeg
IMG_3770.jpeg

Super cute and wow...great photos.ā™„ļø
Thanks! It feels good being able to go full cycle and hatch eggs from chickens that I raised from egg.
I'm sure hatching and brooding for the first week or two in the house imprints on them. We have a whiting true blue pullet that is extremely tame and will come to the door and I will let her in and she lays eggs in the kids room. The eggs are small and perfectly clean every time.
One of the marans lays eggs on the porch by the front door.

Thanks! It feels good being able to go full cycle and hatch eggs from chickens that I raised from egg.
I'm sure hatching and brooding for the first week or two in the house imprints on them. We have a whiting true blue pullet that is extremely tame and will come to the door and I will let her in and she lays eggs in the kids room. The eggs are small and perfectly clean every time.
One of the marans lays eggs on the porch by the front door.
Yes it really does.....it gets even better when one of your hens that you raised goes broody and hatches her own.
That's funny tho, the wife let's our mixed flock in the house also. They come knocking at the slider for blueberries šŸ¤£

How many Fibros hatched?
Iā€™m not 100% sure what constitutes a fibro? Can they have green legs and white feathers?
My notes say there was 3 black chicks with black skin. Some of those have some gray feathers on the underside. There is one that is black all the way to the tips of its toes.
Thereā€™s one yellow one that has dark skin also. Itā€™s legs are green though. Iā€™m thinking thatā€™s what some people call zombies maybe?
I havenā€™t looked much into the fibro genetics and inheritance. Can they be split for the gene and express it partially? Some of the fibros have feathered legs like the marans.
Yes it really does.....it gets even better when one of your hens that you raised goes broody and hatches her own.
That's funny tho, the wife let's our mixed flock in the house also. They come knocking at the slider for blueberries šŸ¤£
Iā€™m looking forward to having a hen raise the brood.

Iā€™m not 100% sure what constitutes a fibro? Can they have green legs and white feathers?
My notes say there was 3 black chicks with black skin. Some of those have some gray feathers on the underside. There is one that is black all the way to the tips of its toes.
Thereā€™s one yellow one that has dark skin also. Itā€™s legs are green though. Iā€™m thinking thatā€™s what some people call zombies maybe?
I havenā€™t looked much into the fibro genetics and inheritance. Can they be split for the gene and express it partially? Some of the fibros have feathered legs like the marans.
https://meyerhatchery.zendesk.com/h...#:~:text=Marie,States that exhibit this trait.
Link to fibro easter eggers..
https://meyerhatchery.com/products/Fibro-Easter-Egger-Day-Old-Chicks-p446066236

My limited knowledge is all black inside and out, head to toe, but I haven't learned the genetics of it... I've heard of these 'Zombie' chickens but know absolutely nothing about them.

one of the whiting true blues got attacked by a loose dog a couple days ago. She was out of the yard and a stray mutt grabbed her. My wife tracked down the dog about 200 yards away by following all of the feathers. She recovered the pullet and brought it home.
There was some bad wounds in her back and there was some muscle exposed. We cleaned it and have been treating with antibiotics and sheā€™s perked up. Sheā€™s been eating steak and eggs and staying in a dog crate. Iā€™ll probably keep her here for another week or so to make sure the rooster doesnā€™t reopen the wounds.
I got the 19 chicks moved into the outdoor brooder. Theyā€™re all very cute and have been fun to watch. The last photo of the blue/brown chick was the one that came from the golden colored moss egg. The inside of that egg had a blue inside. The yellow chick with green legs and dark skin came from the olive egg. And the big yellow chipmunk chick came from a large pink egg.
IMG_3940.jpeg

IMG_3941.jpeg
IMG_3949.jpeg
IMG_3950.jpeg
IMG_3953.jpeg
IMG_3922.jpeg

Oh man, sorry to hear about your girl. Hopefully she recovers fully. She looks pretty good in that last pic for what she went thru, but I know they hide it well. Sardines and tuna in water are super good for them in need if you didn't know... šŸ‘

And of course the babies are cuteness x 1000 !! ā™„ļø

Back
Top Bottom