1 egg almost 2 weks ago and nothg since

Weve3Chickens123

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
I have three chickens, 2 almost 7 months old ( a barred rock and an olive egger) and one I bet is at least a year. The older one is a re-homned hen that I was told "just started to lay" but I got one small egg almost 2 weeks ago and nothing since. They have free run of a large penned in area and are only locked up at night. The have plenty of greens, vegetables and fruit (especially cool watermelon because of the hot days), plenty of fresh clean water and clean bedding, hgh quality layer mash and oats, even meal worm snacks. In other words they are pretty spoiled chickens. And the younger two almost 2 months and the older one about 2 weeks ago. Even though the older one was rehomed due to a traumatic event ( all her coop mates being picked off by predators) shouldn't they feel t home by now??? I got that one egg and I'm pretty sure it was a first egg by my barred rock. hat's going one?? Shouldn't I be getting eggs from them all by now??
hmm.png

The Barred Rock and Olive Egger ( Marans/Ameraucana mix) I've had about 2 months and they were supposed to have been 5 months old then. The New Hampshire Red, I was told, was just under a year and had only just started laying. Here's some pics:
All three together
95838_all_three.jpg

Olivia, My Olive Egger
95838_olivia.jpg

Rose, the re-homed chicken
95838_rose.jpg

Peggy Sue - whom I believe laid the one, tiny egg I got over a week ago
95838_peggy_sue.jpg

The olive egger looks a bit young still to me, but I'm not familiar with them really so maybe I'm wrong. The heat could be affecting their laying too. Give them some more time. Don't know why but some just take a lot longer to lay regularly than others. Sounds like you're doing everything right so now it's just more waiting.

Back
Top Bottom