1" x 1" galvanized wire mesh 16 gauge wire on my run? *updated, used hardware cloth on bottom 2.5 fe

Mostly done! Still need to ad roosts! I may ad chicken wire against the wire up top since the gaps are pretty big. Basically just wanted a day run and we lock them in their coop at night. Recycled pallets for the lower walls, free roofing off and wire fence off craigslist, paid about $60 for framing, hardwire mesh and nails/brackets/locks. Also got free sand which is about 3-4 inches deep!

Don't worry the coop itself does, this is just the run since we can't free range. I do plan on putting up some ply wood on the sides in the winter though
smile.png
Why waste money on plywood for winter protection on your run??? I buy rolls of heavy-mil clear plastic and "wrap" my run leaving the top 10-12" open for ventilation...works GREAT and it's CHEAP!! (cheap is "good") ...
wee.gif

Cheap is not good. IT IS GREAT! Haha. I was on a VERY tight budget with this run, which is why almost all of it is pallets or other free items off craigslist. The plastic sounds SO much easier, and less screw holes too for my wood! How do you attach it?
Why waste money on plywood for winter protection on your run??? I buy rolls of heavy-mil clear plastic and "wrap" my run leaving the top 10-12" open for ventilation...works GREAT and it's CHEAP!! (cheap is "good") ...
wee.gif
Cheap is not good. IT IS GREAT! Haha. I was on a VERY tight budget with this run, which is why almost all of it is pallets or other free items off craigslist. The plastic sounds SO much easier, and less screw holes too for my wood! How do you attach it?

Back
Top Bottom