11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I sell most of my "extra" ( or what folks want even if I thought I wanted to keep it) through word of mouth. its amazing how many folks know me as the crazy chicken lady... I was just over at our feed store "rescuing" a chick that they thought needed a little tlc and one of the customers jokingly asked if I needed one More?? lol

Had to share this..... I noticed one of my pigeons' eggs was not up under the hen, I suppose one of the other birds kicked it away. When I picked it up, I noticed it had been pecked and was broken! So I covered the break with a piece of paper/medical tape and popped it in the incubator with my other eggs. Candled it this morning and its alive!! I didn't notice this nest until a few days in, so I'm not exactly sure when its due to hatch. I'll wait for an internal pip, then take the egg back out to the mother, and hope for the best. I estimate it has another 4-6 days to go.
IMG_0116.jpg

And I cracked up at the difference in egg size.... the tiny pigeon egg, Call duck eggs (overflow from the other incubator) and Sebastopol geese eggs. :lau :lau
IMG_0115.jpg

Had to share this..... I noticed one of my pigeons' eggs was not up under the hen, I suppose one of the other birds kicked it away. When I picked it up, I noticed it had been pecked and was broken! So I covered the break with a piece of paper/medical tape and popped it in the incubator with my other eggs. Candled it this morning and its alive!! I didn't notice this nest until a few days in, so I'm not exactly sure when its due to hatch. I'll wait for an internal pip, then take the egg back out to the mother, and hope for the best. I estimate it has another 4-6 days to go.
View attachment 2054185

And I cracked up at the difference in egg size.... the tiny pigeon egg, Call duck eggs (overflow from the other incubator) and Sebastopol geese eggs. :lau :lau
View attachment 2054184

How cute that little egg is next to the others! I hope it hatches! What kind of pigeons do you have?

View attachment 2054185

View attachment 2054184
Wow, it's so small!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom