11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I candled some of my eggs just now since it's getting dark and I don't think the Polish eggs, which I most wanted to see chicks from, are developing. Most of them are from the chicken in my profile picture (Dipsy) and I really wanted to see what her chicks would be like. Then again she mostly hangs out with the ducks so maybe she has no,, errr husband. :lau. She has a very unique personality. The eggs look pretty light and bright and I don't see any development. While a few other select eggs I canceled , Easter Egger, Cream legbar, have very definite development. I won't give up yet but I'm thinking I won't get any Dipsy babies.

So it’s day #6 and I candled a few more, so I think it looks like everything I looked at has something starting to develop in it. It’s dark and the yolk seems to take up half the egg already, but I see a spot and some faint veining. I can only hope this means I’ll get chicks in a few weeks.

I can’t seem to figure out how to get good pictures of the eggs when I’m candling them.

E9DEFE91-17EB-4D0E-A502-E87A2B99334C.jpeg
6F8A5313-D746-41B4-8293-024B5C343BFD.jpeg
AFF08E45-F817-4648-8101-3BEAC879392F.jpeg

I wish I had remembered the Easter hatch along sooner... I set a few of my duck eggs and they’re unintentionally due Easter Sunday. Had I realized I could have set them a day earlier and joined in.
You are good! The eggs count. Let @casportpony how many you set

Hello! I have 11 Pita Pinta eggs on Day 2.
I hatched 21 chicks of various breeds in February, but ended up with 18 cockerels and only 3 pullets! Yikes! I’m hoping for a better ratio with this set!
Congratulations on the Pita Pintas. I’ve recently hatched from the same folks. Of the 7 that made it to lockdown 5 look to be roosters. 2 hens. Hopefully you’ll have better odds. The hatch was spread out over several days. I had almost given up on the last 2 but they finally made it. No assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom