11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
An assortment of Easter Eggers! Lavender, Lemon, Blue, Pumpkin, Rose and Emerald?

Ooooh the elusive emerald!
oeuf.gif

Just back from TSC (picking up a second nr360), and they were getting call after call of people looking for chicks and they have none. Seems they're extending chick days this year to meet demand. The poor woman was explaining the difference between straight run and pullets and how you need a roo to hatch more chicks but not to have eggs. :he:lau She looked near to tears, poor lady. The shortage definitely seems to be a thing here too.

The early gathered eggs were not fertile or quit, but the later bielefelders and wh ducks did not have any clears or quitters so will be setting more of those this month. I've had some people ask me for hatching eggs and am happy that my boys have figured out their purpose.

Just back from TSC (picking up a second nr360), and they were getting call after call of people looking for chicks and they have none. Seems they're extending chick days this year to meet demand. The poor woman was explaining the difference between straight run and pullets and how you need a roo to hatch more chicks but not to have eggs. :he:lau She looked near to tears, poor lady. The shortage definitely seems to be a thing here too.

The early gathered eggs were not fertile or quit, but the later bielefelders and wh ducks did not have any clears or quitters so will be setting more of those this month. I've had some people ask me for hatching eggs and am happy that my boys have figured out their purpose.

I bought a second NR360 too!! Well my husband went to TSC today for it. We wanted a backup just in case we aren’t sent running to the store like yesterday when my Little Giant ate poo on day 14.

I know some people aren’t tech savvy but it cracks me up that those that are tech savby are not “research savvy”. Type a question on Google and you’ll get a decent answer most of the time. Why bombard busy store workers with these questions? But I guess that’s better than zero research.

I bought a second NR360 too!! Well my husband went to TSC today for it. We wanted a backup just in case we aren’t sent running to the store like yesterday when my Little Giant ate poo on day 14.

I know some people aren’t tech savvy but it cracks me up that those that are tech savby are not “research savvy”. Type a question on Google and you’ll get a decent answer most of the time. Why bombard busy store workers with these questions? But I guess that’s better than zero research.
I had so many conjured up images of the people on the other line based on her expessions and answers. 😂 I dowonder what the panic buyers will do with these chickens when they go back to work. Hopefully they'll be as addicted as I've become. :)

Isn't the nr360 great? I had a 100% hatch of duck eggs in it. I was a total newbie.. first hatch ever. It's been great for me ever since. I bought a small brinsea to add to the line-up and don't care for the beep it makes at every turn of the eggs so decided to get another nr360. I'm sure you're going to love yours!

I had so many conjured up images of the people on the other line based on her expessions and answers. 😂 I dowonder what the panic buyers will do with these chickens when they go back to work. Hopefully they'll be as addicted as I've become. :)

Isn't the nr360 great? I had a 100% hatch of duck eggs in it. I was a total newbie.. first hatch ever. It's been great for me ever since. I bought a small brinsea to add to the line-up and don't care for the beep it makes at every turn of the eggs so decided to get another nr360. I'm sure you're going to love yours!

Today is day two of using it and I’m already in love with it. I love the 360 view. I’m excited to seeing the chicks hatch on 6 days!!

lol! My biggest complaint (other than the funky smell coming from the coated heating wires) was that annoying beep on the Brinsea too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom