11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a long time, after all the searching I'd done, I thought I was the only one with them! Very grateful to have found more of them! :D

Speaking of, I'm super jealous of your blue baby!! I was looking at my light colored baby yesterday and come to find out, she's not blue as I had thought when she hatched--she's recessive white! Surprise! :eek: (I'm also fairly sure she's a he, but we're just going to choose to ignore that until it's no longer possible to. :gig ) Anyway, it's kind of a bummer because I love blues, while pure white is probably my least favorite color on chickens, but I'm kind of intrigued by how it could look on a silkied Cochin. :) Also it gives me an excuse to try again with hatching them. :D

View attachment 2083307

I LOVE your light chick! I'm pretty stunned that I hatched a blue baby too. lol! It's much bigger than the other two black chicks that have hatched...what are the chances that it's a girl? :lau Watch, we'll both get super lucky with unexpected colors and they'll both be boys.
hysterical.gif

4/6 speckled sussex eggs hatched already yesterday one egg is still pipped the other died early on they started pipping in the other bator where theres no humidity so one i helped as it was stuck the rest hatched themselves one has a leg problem its not even the one I helped it keeps falling to its side so its in a cup
0/6 barred eggs hatched so far most died early on only two made it to lockdown and im pretty sure ones already dis so i have no hopes on the other hatching this is the third time trying to hatch them first only 1/1 hatched second time only 2/3 hatched 3 time 0/3 hatched so i dont have hopes on them the roo ill be culling in a few months as hes getting aggressive out of no where i already took away all his hens and gave them to his father whose sweet as pie I gave him hens I can take them away aswell heres the three chicks
71B84F6B-1947-4B99-AB6A-102D144994E9.jpeg
D0BA782F-5DF5-4DBE-A065-476A8791CC4C.jpeg
10BB7845-1909-40FB-B09C-54483634533C.jpeg

Heres A video of the first hatching

I may have just bought a thing... or 4 😂.
I was playing with the idea of crossing my Welsh Harlequin boys with Cayuga girls, to get some fun colours, and someone local had these (she had 2 Cayuga hens, a Rouen hen, and a mixed hen in with a Cayuga drake), hatched yesterday, so I inquired and as luck had it they were in her truck, and she was on the road 2 minutes away from my house... who was I to deny fate 🤷‍♀️ she brought them straight to my door.

This ones eyebrows kill me.
31C285B8-92A9-4BDF-BC02-0590612AD5A9.jpeg

I may have just bought a thing... or 4 😂.
I was playing with the idea of crossing my Welsh Harlequin boys with Cayuga girls, to get some fun colours, and someone local had these (she had 2 Cayuga hens, a Rouen hen, and a mixed hen in with a Cayuga drake), hatched yesterday, so I inquired and as luck had it they were in her truck, and she was on the road 2 minutes away from my house... who was I to deny fate 🤷‍♀️ she brought them straight to my door.

This ones eyebrows kill me.
View attachment 2083626
Adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom