KIMG0369.jpg
KIMG0368.jpg
KIMG0367.jpg
KIMG0366.jpg
KIMG0363.jpg
KIMG0362.jpg
KIMG0359.jpg
KIMG0358.jpg

Oh so cute! How do you keep that many bunnies together without them fighting? I've been wanting to get a pair of bunnies and everyone tells me I can't keep them together unless I get them altered. Any advice for me on that?

Oh so cute! How do you keep that many bunnies together without them fighting? I've been wanting to get a pair of bunnies and everyone tells me I can't keep them together unless I get them altered. Any advice for me on that?
Babies don't generally fight. As rabbits sexually mature at 4-6 months they will become more territorial and will fight if not altered or given lots of room to get away.

Have you looked at pet stores for Bunnies? Local shelters?
I have looked into adopting a bonded pair of bunnies but they will only allow you to adopt if you keep them as house rabbits. I plan on keeping mine outdoors. I have found an older gentleman that breeds New Zealands and his granddaughter breeds Dutch. I'm actually going this afternoon to see them. Hes a retired teacher so hes all excited about educating me on raising rabbits. I'm pretty excited to have found him

I have looked into adopting a bonded pair of bunnies but they will only allow you to adopt if you keep them as house rabbits. I plan on keeping mine outdoors. I have found an older gentleman that breeds New Zealands and his granddaughter breeds Dutch. I'm actually going this afternoon to see them. Hes a retired teacher so hes all excited about educating me on raising rabbits. I'm pretty excited to have found him
Awesome. My first Bunny was a Dutch and he was a great Bunny.

Babies don't fight, they just cuddle and keep each other warm when they are not all over the place driving mama crazy!

I have had success with bonded litter sisters living happily together in extra large hutches, but if you are going to keep them as pets spaying or neutering is still ideal. I have known some spayed and neutered rabbits to even be territorial, so litter siblings are your best bet either way, and it's best to go with sisters or a brother/sister pair.

Thanks.....I did end up getting a brother/sister pair of 8 week old Dutch bunnies. I plan on neutering the male in the spring. I pick them up this weekend so I'm trying to get everything ready by then.
Congratulations on your new bunnies! I highly recommend you getting the female spayed too. Unspayed females who go unbred can have false pregnancies, attitude problems, and develop reproductive cancers. Also, keep an eye on them between now and this spring, some does can become fertile as young as 3-1/2 months old.

Please share some pictures when you get your new babies home!

Back
Top Bottom