Winter Rabbit Breeding Question!

One of my hutches has an xl external nest box, when a smaller doe was using it, she portioned off the nest into the back and stayed in the front entrance. It will mostly depend on your doe, an experienced momma should figure out what works best for her.
Oh I hope she does this - thank you!

She needs one place to have babies-- either that bedroom, or a different nestbox. So you could try putting a nestbox on that wooden platform, or you could let her have babies in the bedroom.

She probably does not need another box to keep warm.

She might, or she might not. You will only know when you see what she does.

Since Holland Lops are so small, that does mean the bedroom is "bigger" compared to her than if she were a big rabbit. So maybe she will feel like it is big enough for bunnies and her both.
She’s made her nest in the back of the bedroom. I don’t think she’ll move the nest. I imagine she’ll be warm enough with the plastic wrap. I just worry. I hope if she’s getting too cold she will go into the nest. Thanks!

She’s made her nest in the back of the bedroom. I don’t think she’ll move the nest. I imagine she’ll be warm enough with the plastic wrap. I just worry. I hope if she’s getting too cold she will go into the nest. Thanks!

It sounds like that will work just fine!

Back
Top Bottom