12+ Frizzle Turken (Naked Neck) Eggs

okcarla

Seriously Downsizing (NOT)
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Tuttle, Oklahoma
ALL MY TURKEN ROOSTERS ARE FRIZZLE … so chicks may be frizzle naked necks!

We always send out at least 4 extra eggs, usually more, depending on how well the hens are cooperating.
smile.png

I am hatching at least half of the chicks as frizzles. Occasionally a chick will not carry the naked neck gene, and on rare occasion, a chick will be frizzle, but not naked neck. They are all big, beautiful & healthy breed birds. Some of my blue turken hens came from a fellow BYC member (jmhappycowboy) birds.

The Transylvania Naked Neck is often called Turken. Some people think it is a cross between a chicken and a turkey because of the unfeathered area on the neck. This skin turns red when exposed to the sun, further paralleling the turkey. However, this is actually the result of a single gene that affects the arrangement of feather-growing tracts over the chicken's body. It can be easily introduced into any breed. Turkens have no feathers on a broad band between the shoulders and the base of the skull. They also have a reduced number of feathers on their bodies but this is not evident until the bird is handled. This characteristic is a novel feature that does not detract from the utility of the bird. Stand cold very well.

Our Flock has been NPIP tested and Certified!

I ship priority mail, and take boxes directly to the Oklahoma City Airport Post Office, where they fly priority mail daily. We pack each egg individually, with napkins & bubble wrap, then bundle the eggs together with tape, in the middle of the box then surround the eggs with lots more bubble wrap. We use the largest priority box available thru the post office, to ensure the best survivability of the eggs.

6412_chickens_december_2009_006.jpg

6412_chickens_december_2009_040.jpg

These are cool birds... I think I am like everyone else.... I have TOO many eggs in the bator! and I think most of them are Naked necks- Bantam and regular size. I wiould love to buy some if you will be offering them at a later date.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom