12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a healthy chick! Now we awaiting the second one. Let's see what happens!

P.S. Baby sparrow in the bowl, bottom left corner.
P.S.S. Don't mind my wacky setup, it's home built but it works like a charm!
20210402_192214.jpg

I wonder if there is an amount of exposure that harms the embryo.

Most of the methods that involve getting more females to hatch assumes high mortality-- so you get less females over all from the hatch.

For shipping eggs, they are not actively developing and the xray time and dose is low from shipping scans

Yes! There were time frames and everything on the study I linked. I just don't know at what point it becomes harmful because they were predominantly talking about female hatch rates. It didn't sound like it was very successful either. 😬 It's definitely not something I would have the stomach to test.

I have liner but didn’t know til you said this. Should I take out the turning rack now? And put liner on the grate at this point (peeps and pips but no zips)

or leave it alone???

Manual doesn’t say to remove turning carousel thingy?
Edited to add, running a new Nurture Right 360 that stopped turning 3 days before scheduled hatch ( tomorrow)
View attachment 2596481

I take the white turner out because they can sometimes get stuck when trying to push out of the egg but if you're there watching you should be ok to wait. I've hatched both with and without the no-skid shelf liner in the NR360. It's not necessary, it's just a little extra padding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom