13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Hmm... trying to decide how many I should set! I have at least 12 eggs, but I can get a whole lot more! (My incubator can hold up to 22) Any suggestions on quantity? (I can't keep the chicks, but I have some people who will take a few (let me know if you want any!))

This sounds so fun! Im attempting at breeding my silkie to my cochin, she lays eggs and my silkie is trying to mate. Dunno if itll happen in time and ill be able to get a broody but ill see if i can join! Goodluck to everyone else who is egg hatching :pop
I ended up buying an incubator just for this hatch-a-long!

Hmm... trying to decide how many I should set! I have at least 12 eggs, but I can get a whole lot more! (My incubator can hold up to 22) Any suggestions on quantity? (I can't keep the chicks, but I have some people who will take a few (let me know if you want any!))
Twelve is a nice number, especially if it’s likely that you might have to keep the extra chicks.
I wound up succumbing to the temptation of filling my incubator one year during the hatch a long, and wound up doubling the size of my flock! I had about 60 birds that year :gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom