13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I find if you set them standing up, often the detached air cell will settle just fine.

The detached air cell is a way bigger issue if you have to incubate the eggs on their sides.
And i have to incubate on their sides.. not all air cells are detached some are just saddle and few are fine.. Pray for best. I know shipped EGGS are 😑😑😑 but that was only way to get some blood lines i wanted so .. am ok with low hatch rate i would love that all hatch but few hens and roo would be also fine 💪 the eggs are from mix flock with more then 30 breeds so i can rellly expect all 🤣

Columbian Wyandottes?
Yes. 20 in lock down and. 44 to candle on day 10.

And i have to incubate on their sides.. not all air cells are detached some are just saddle and few are fine.. Pray for best. I know shipped EGGS are 😑😑😑 but that was only way to get some blood lines i wanted so .. am ok with low hatch rate i would love that all hatch but few hens and roo would be also fine 💪 the eggs are from mix flock with more then 30 breeds so i can rellly expect all 🤣
I had some success incubating in my Hovabator setting the eggs with detached air cells upright in paper collars made by cutting off the bottom of paper cups. Air circulation was good with the screen bottom. If the eggs made it to lockdown most could finish on their sides.

I set 31 Black Penedesenca chicken eggs today.
Pictures of the eggs? I would love to see how dark they are.

Is there any way you could get them to stand? An egg carton cut up can work.

Then for turning the eggs you put a fat book under one edge of the entire incubator, and every time you think of it/walk past, you move the boom to the opposite side.

detached air cells end up on the sides... horrid low hatch rate for those.

Yes. 20 in lock down and. 44 to candle on day 10.

I had some success incubating in my Hovabator setting the eggs with detached air cells upright in paper collars made by cutting off the bottom of paper cups. Air circulation was good with the screen bottom. If the eggs made it to lockdown most could finish on their sides.
Of like that... that works too.

And yes, by lock down the chick is so large that the air cell will no longer going anywhere... so side hatching is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom