13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I set 8 eggs on Sunday, not sure if that counts. 5 Olive Egger eggs (maran x Ameraucana cross) and 3 from my favorite bantam Cochin (same Ameraucana roo). That should be a cute little chicken.
You guys, this little stinker of a hen squirreled away eight more eggs when I wasn’t looking :rolleyes: so I candled them and four clearly have something going on, so she’s up to twelve. I’m going to need to get the incubator warmed up for the ones that need longer than her patience allows.

NR 360 -- almost brand new, having hatched only once.

I keep seeing the same 2 Marans eggs in the same place. But when I press the turn test buttons it does advance so maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Mark the eggs so you can see how they rotate.

I have the same incubator, and I find the turner a bit wonky... it depends on the sizes and shapes of the eggs etc as to how well it turns.

I also find it has some warmer and colder zones... so even when I use the turner, once a day I move around all eggs and rotate them by hand.

We have life :love It was too early for the Cochin eggs still when I peeked last night, but there were a few of these at least in the naked neck eggs!

1648666237469.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom