13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is also a turken x easter egger mix!! Share a pic once he's fluffy!! 🥰
16 have been moved to the brooder.
044CC8F6-F00D-4A9F-B5E1-396EFA42214B.jpeg

Here is one of the EE Nn mixes.
C24D82E0-F537-4567-8C25-6451472F4DD0.jpeg

Which egg photo? @ShannonsChimkens posted a picture of one of her eggs hatching in here, maybe that's the one you saw?

This little one is a blondie :) Gonna be blonde.

Mine are just standard emu colors. Pyxis you have the perty blondes 🥰 what I would give to have one of the remaining 11 eggs come out as a blonde lol
Oh!

Yes, I saw they emu chick and just thought "Pyxis" Sorry Shannon!

But yes, that does explain the color change! A totally different chick! :lau

I candled both of my eggs last night, and they're both alive! I'll have to upload the videos @room took sometime today. They're both squirmy little wormies. 😍

Possibly dumb question, but does anyone know if hot weather could speed up the hatching process? Last week it jumped from the 60s to the 90s for a few days. I'm just wondering if they'll maybe hatch a little early now.

I candled both of my eggs last night, and they're both alive! I'll have to upload the videos @room took sometime today. They're both squirmy little wormies. 😍

Possibly dumb question, but does anyone know if hot weather could speed up the hatching process? Last week it jumped from the 60s to the 90s for a few days. I'm just wondering if they'll maybe hatch a little early now.
Not a dumb question at all! I believe it is possible that the higher temps could speed things along a bit. I know if momma is hot she will be giving off more heat to the eggs. I know in my incubator the middle is warmer than the outside so I rotate around to get more even growth but still end up with one or two that hatch early and one or two that hatch later! So glad they’re doing well still! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I'm just throwing this out there unsolicited. And my perspective probably comes from the fact that I'm incubating dark eggs that are hard to see into.
I would probably feel differently if I hatched white or light eggs.
But it seems like some people are very impatient to pull eggs during incubation.
In general, I pull eggs that leak or stink, but if I'm iffy on an egg, I just keep it in the incubator till it is an obvious quitter. That usually doesn't happen for me till transfer to the hatcher.
You definitely don't want an egg to explode in the incubator but, If the egg isn't infected, it won't hurt anything to keep it in the incubator - in my mind.
In my experience stinkers are the exploders. Leakers just get stuck to the turner so that they are difficult to remove without breaking the egg.
This is very true!

One time I was convinced that some eggs were clears. I opened one of them up and found a live embryo inside!

You have given good advice as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom