13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like alot were quitters after lockdown 😞. Most are hatched two more alive ones to go one pip the other is still moving in thw egg. I had one that looked to be shrink wrapped inside the egg. (Never seen this before. Opened to check and it took a couple last breaths but nothing I could do to many veins to open the membrane to save it. So sad. That kind of stuff is the bad part of hatching. I will have to post pics of these cuties though. So many unique colors we got out of the thw flock this year. Hubby even said he may have to build another coop because they are so cute... he is finally coming around to the chicken math side of things.. hehe

:hugs:hugs:hugs

Woke up to two more and a handful more pips.

I only have one pip in what will be my F2 generation out of 11 that made it to lockdown. I really need these to hatch as they’re my only chance at F2s since my rooster up and died last week and I had already culled the rest of the F1 boys.
Do the rest of the eggs look ok even though they haven’t pipped yet?

So, last night I was getting nervous that my humidity was a little too high because I know when they pip it'll shoot up a bit. It was like 74% around 2am and I opened the incubator a few times just a crack to try and let the humidity out a little bit. I looked to dip a few percent and then when I would close it, it climbed right back up. I had my temp around 98.4. So, when I went to bed around 2 it was still around 74%. This morning at 8, it was 51%!! And my temp had somehow dropped to 94.7!!! I had one pip so I was scared to even open the bator a crack, so I syringed a little water, not much at all to start through the vent hole in the top. Now, it has skyrocketed back up to 79%. I adjusted the temp and it is slowing going back up. It's now 96. I don't know what to do, that humidity is way too high, right??? I don't know why the hell my temperature crashed either, that's really worrisome.
Scream GIF by Originals

Last edited:
So, last night I was getting nervous that my humidity was a little too high because I know when they pip it'll shoot up a bit. It was like 74% around 2am and I opened the incubator a few times just a crack to try and let the humidity out a little bit. I looked to dip a few percent and then when I would close it, it climbed right back up. I had my temp around 98.4. So, when I went to bed around 2 it was still around 74%. This morning at 8, it was 51%!! And my temp had somehow dropped to 94.7!!! I had one pip so I was scared to even open the bator a crack, so I syringed a little water, not much at all to start through the vent hole in the top. Now, it has skyrocketed back up to 79%. I adjusted the temp and it is slowing going back up. It's now 96. I don't know what to do, that humidity is way too high, right??? I don't know why the hell my temperature crashed either, that's really worrisome.
Scream GIF by Originals
The end of hatches are like this. Humidity will go way up when they start hatching I have seen mine jump in the 90s before. Since it's towards the end all should be good. Don't pull to much hair out. Sit on those hands and take one of those pills that give u more patiences. :lau

The end of hatches are like this. Humidity will go way up when they start hatching I have seen mine jump in the 90s before. Since it's towards the end all should be good. Don't pull to much hair out. Sit on those hands and take one of those pills that give u more patiences. :lau
Thank you. Why would the temp drop like that though?? I taped my little therm./hygro. to the side of the incubator so it wouldn't get knocked around by any chicks. Could that effect it's readings maybe? If that's why and the temp. is really fine, I just raised it and I am now cooking them! I'm tempted to crack open and use my infrared thermometer to take a room temperature in there. But, that's a bad idea, right since the one is pipped already??? Oh my.

Thank you. Why would the temp drop like that though?? I taped my little therm./hygro. to the side of the incubator so it wouldn't get knocked around by any chicks. Could that effect it's readings maybe? If that's why and the temp. is really fine, I just raised it and I am now cooking them! I'm tempted to crack open and use my infrared thermometer to take a room temperature in there. But, that's a bad idea, right since the one is pipped already??? Oh my.
Sometimes I have noticed with my experiences that the humidity and temp go hand and hand and often the temp reading is lower when the humidity is higher. Are there vents you can open to help with the humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom