13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first one hatched a few hours ago, doing great! He was climbing all over the other eggs, active and fully dry, so I moved him to the brooder. Still alone in there, but temp is 99.5 F and holding. I make a little tent with a suspended frame and soft cloths in the brooder, and he's snuggled up under it, sleeping quietly. Meanwhile, three external pips in the incubator, and five more with no signs of activity yet. Impatiently waiting, but need to go to bed!

My 3 d’Anver eggs are due to start pipping tomorrow and I keep checking them to see if they’ve internally pipped yet 😆 I just worry so much in these last hours that they will end up DIS 😩 I really want all three to make it. They look strong so far based on the veining, but I’m so paranoid 😩

My other set of bantam buff Brahmas isn’t due for another week and I’m sad because I only had 6 to start with and two weren’t fertile and one quit on day 2 or 3 so I only have 3 left, and statistically with shipped eggs I should lose one or two between day 10 and hatch…which would make me so sad :-(

IMG-20210327-WA0011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom