2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Pics
I'm going to play a little game, some of us on here are way more educated than others and some of us (ME) know absolutely nothing about ducks, incubating eggs, etc..But I'm learning through trial and error. So let's all play, "Things I have learned after incubating eggs"
I will start. I learned the other day after almost drowning a baby duck.....

Yes, I almost did that, I learned that ducklings DO NOT FLOAT for long periods of time and that you should always give them room to stand in shallow water. That's common sense right? I thought so too, but after talking to my husband and fussing because he put too much water in our sink for them and saying, "That seems like an awful lot of water, can't they drown?" He looks at me and says, "They are ducks baby they can't drown"
BULL MALARKEY, so I leave the room because my toilet and I are playing tag and I hear what sounds like a duck being attacked so I tag the toilet ( because it was it) and run to the laundry room where I find a duck sinking and soaked to the bone :(
I freaked out took out the baby and wrapped her up in a towel,and say this duck was drowning. I then have a twilight zone moment, because I tell at hubby and say," You sir are wrong ducklings can drown, this one was almost completely under water" he then looks at me and says," Well yeah,they have to build up the oil in there skin"
My head is spinning at this point because he just said "DUCKS CAN'T DROWN" so I said, "That's not what you just told me, you said they could not drown" he then says "You didn't ask if ducklings could drown you asked about ducks"

Yep, that happened.....Smh....Moral of the story, DUCKLINGS CAN SINK!!!! anyone else wanna throw some knowledge out there on things they have learned that would be great!!!
How scary!! I learned... sigh... I feel so awful admitting this... you have to put eggs large end up and pointy end down. At least coturnix eggs. I found out I killed a bunch because they were malpositioned and couldn't hatch. I read and read about incubating but somehow missed that they don't go pointy end up. So yeah... that's me and my newbieness.

How scary!! I learned... sigh... I feel so awful admitting this... you have to put eggs large end up and pointy end down. At least coturnix eggs. I found out I killed a bunch because they were malpositioned and couldn't hatch. I read and read about incubating but somehow missed that they don't go pointy end up. So yeah... that's me and my newbieness.

Yep ,I did that too :(

Wow thats amazing you got twins here is some Youtube help!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I'm going to play a little game, some of us on here are way more educated than others and some of us (ME) know absolutely nothing about ducks, incubating eggs, etc..But I'm learning through trial and error. So let's all play, "Things I have learned after incubating eggs"
I will start. I learned the other day after almost drowning a baby duck.....

Yes, I almost did that, I learned that ducklings DO NOT FLOAT for long periods of time and that you should always give them room to stand in shallow water. That's common sense right? I thought so too, but after talking to my husband and fussing because he put too much water in our sink for them and saying, "That seems like an awful lot of water, can't they drown?" He looks at me and says, "They are ducks baby they can't drown"
BULL MALARKEY, so I leave the room because my toilet and I are playing tag and I hear what sounds like a duck being attacked so I tag the toilet ( because it was it) and run to the laundry room where I find a duck sinking and soaked to the bone :(
I freaked out took out the baby and wrapped her up in a towel,and say this duck was drowning. I then have a twilight zone moment, because I tell at hubby and say," You sir are wrong ducklings can drown, this one was almost completely under water" he then looks at me and says," Well yeah,they have to build up the oil in there skin"
My head is spinning at this point because he just said "DUCKS CAN'T DROWN" so I said, "That's not what you just told me, you said they could not drown" he then says "You didn't ask if ducklings could drown you asked about ducks"

Yep, that happened.....Smh....Moral of the story, DUCKLINGS CAN SINK!!!! anyone else wanna throw some knowledge out there on things they have learned that would be great!!!

*phew* good job you saved him in time.....

I'm so sorry your having issues with the Bator, I actually loved it and had zero issues with it temp wise, have you calibrated it, that's very important as I have learned and once we did that the temp stayed steady. I did have issues with the lid after it ran for a solid month. It's cold here and I had the Bator on a foot stool next to my bedside ( I promise I am not crazy I just can't get up somedays so that was easier lol) If you really want to understand the Bator YouTube videos on it since the 3rd grader that wrote the instructions was unavailable for Q&A
smile.png

Good luck and let me know!
Yes, i calibrated it. Maybe because your in a colder climate it works better? Since im in a hot climate, maybe the temperature gets too hot for the little bator, it has cold and rainy days alot of the time, but still....
Oh..its been running for more than a solid month, lol....No no, your not crazy dear...I have the exact same setup, expect the bator is on the floor next to my bedside lol, makes life a lot easier!
Yup, watched youtube videos on it, hmm….maybe I got the wrong brand?
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom