2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Lucy, I am so terribly sorry. Yes, I do understand how deep those little claw prints are left on our hearts, whether they belong to chickens or ducks, cats or dogs. They walk this earth for such a short time and yet leave an impression on us that lasts a lifetime.

Sorry AmyPaperLady, didn't mean to step on anybody's toes. I wasn't referring to respect. I am around both Amish and LDS families. No problem with respect being taught in those households.

No problem--I'd just gotten off work, so... (I'm an aide, and we're on our second long-term sub in special ed... Happy reasons, I hasten to add--the teacher recently adopted, so I totally understand wanting to spend time with the little guy before returning to work, but still...)

Lucy says thank you for all the hugs.gif thoughts and comments... she saw them all and is not ignoring anyone, just can't respond to them all... her sugar is way off from crying and needs to get some rest... she just wanted everyone to know that every bit of the support is very much appreciated...

Oh Wendy, my heart breaks for you! I (& many others here) feel your pain. "Just a bird" to someone else is heartbreak and sorrow for us. Hugs and prayers.

I am so very sad to report that my beautiful and sweet Pandora was killed today. I am not really sure what got a hold of her but whatever it was left a heartbreaking mess for me to see and clean up. I know this is the only place on earth that will fully understand my heartbreak right now and believe me it through tears that I type this. I'm beside myself right now with sadness ..
hugs.gif
so sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
we all know that she had a great home and life
I'm just heartbroken, and mad...It's just not fair..
this is the unfortunate reality of keeping our animals out and free-ranging and happy
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

keep up those duck cuddles and keep healing

Good morning to all my sweet friends, I was so overwhelmed with saddnes yesterday I had to just shut everything off. I can't say thank you enough for all the sweet comments and understanding to how I felt losing Pandora. Yesterday my step son noticed that I had been crying and asked what was wrong, so I just said, Pandora was killed by a hawk. His response was laughter and then he asked if I got it on video. I just walked away but in that moment realized how thankful I was for this site and the people who understand what it feels like to lose a pet. These are not just birds to us, they are our pets, our friends, our happiness. A lot of us invest so much of ourselves into our babies it truly hits you to your core when one is taken whatever the cause. I am thankful for all the understanding and kind words. Those of you who watched Pandora grow, hatch, and develope into the beautiful duck she became I know felt a sense of saddnes as well. She had a big job for such a little duck and man did she make the Duck Chronicles fun. I will forever miss her. The Fab 5 will remain the fab 5, her little spirit lives on ...

Last edited:
Good morning to all my sweet friends, I was so overwhelmed with saddnes yesterday I had to just shut everything off. I can't say thank you enough for all the sweet comments and understanding to how I felt losing Pandora. Yesterday my step son noticed that I had been crying and asked what was wrong, so I just said, Pandora was killed by a hawk. His response was laughter and then he asked if I got it on video. I just walked away but in that moment realized how thankful I was for this site and the people who understand what it feels like to lose a pet. These are not just birds to us, they are our pets, our friends, our happiness. A lot of us invest so much of ourselves into our babies it truly hits you to your core when one is taken whatever the cause. I am thankful for all the understanding and kind words. Those of you who watched Pandora grow, hatch, and develope into the beautiful duck she became I know felt a sense of saddnes as well. She had a big job for such a little duck and man did she make the Duck Chronicles fun. I will forever miss her. The Fab 5 will remain the fab 5, her little spirit lives on ...

He WHAT??? :rant

That is horrible. I am so sorry, Lucy. :hugs

He WHAT??? :rant

That is horrible. I am so sorry, Lucy. :hugs

Yep, full on laughed, lucky for him I'm not as strong as I used to be or I would of knocked him square in the mouth (yes, I gotta little southern red neck on me)
Sometimes walking away is better than lashing out..

Back
Top Bottom