2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Wow that is awful!
How old is he?

I am so sorry!

He's 18
Old enough to know better but too immature to realize that there was nothing funny about it.. Like I said, my weakness was his saving grace, if my arms weren't bruised and my chest healing from the central line I would of taught him a quick lesson in respect.

That's awful.
hugs.gif
Don't let it get you down, Lucy. He doesn't understand.
smile.png

No he doesn't and how sad for him really. There's nothing greater than receiving love and trust from a little duck ... It's truly amazing and I am blessed to have that.
Teenagers can pretty much be jerks at that age. Stuck between adolescence and adulthood. Not enough adult experience with heartache to be understanding of those around them. Someday life will sit on his head and he will remember what he said to you. You might not be around, but it will happen. Karma can be pretty heartless at times, but what goes around does come around.

Remember, friend, you have eggs in your incubator that you need to concentrate on.

Unfortunately all of us with poultry, whether it be ducks, chickens or geese run the risk of loosing one to either predators or illness. My husband will see me holding one of my roosters and petting it and asking me if it has a name. Usually it does. My roosters tend to earn names faster than my hens do for some reason. Maybe because I really like roosters. I tell him what their name is and he just shakes his head and tell me that will be the next one to die because my favorites tend to meet their makers before the others do. Sadly, it seems to be true but still I can't help having favorites.

And unfortunately, you cannot hawk proof the outside.But maybe you can provide an early warning system for the ducks. Have you ever considered getting a few chickens, mainly a rooster or two and letting them free range with the ducks? My roosters are GREAT early warning systems even in their 24X50 foot run. They don't miss anything that flies over, even one of my husband's RC airplanes and I've seen them send the hens scrambling for cover with their alarm calls. I know ducks do have a early warning system of sorts but do they watch the skies like roosters do?

Gone but never forgotten
I wear Fatty around my neck and Pandora around my wrist, my little reminders of their little big life here with me ...

Back
Top Bottom