2009 Texas Chickenstock, 5/23/09 - See My Page for add'l details

Yes, Chickenstock is upon us.

I have a feeling this year it is going to be HUGE ! There are so many new Texas members and lots in central Texas alone.

I am still keeping track of everyone and will update the master page soon.

In the past we had a potluck dinner and a purple poultry exchange (everyone brings an inexpensive wrapped poultry related gift and we draw names. Children participate too in their on drawing.) We spent a lot of time talking and getting to know each other.

People also brought birds/eggs to exchange after making prior arrangements with individuals.

However, I am open to new ideas and anything else you want to do.

Only change I would like to make is to expand the potluck. In the past my husband and I cooked a brisket and everyone else brought sides, desserts, cokes, etc. Because of the economy and the number of participants anticipated, it would be nice to include others making a main dish too. Is that OK with everyone ? We can decide who brings what after I get a good head count.

Any ideas, games, themes ????? What have you done at other similar events ?

I am excited !

I don't know about bringing a main dish uless its from a restaurant...I will be traveling almost 2 hours to get there...thats a long way for a casserole lol.

Maybe something I could keep in a cooler and throw on a grill for folks? a good size chunk of beef or something?

I dont know exactly... Keep us updated!

What time does this start and go on til'? I really want to come this year but have a baby shower the same day! I am aiming to try and be at both!
big_smile.png

I'll make my Famous Southern Comfort Cake with almond and walnuts if I do come!
wink.png

celebrate.gif
WOW
celebrate.gif
Can't wait for the "Southern Comfort Cake" nevr taste one but heard how great they are. Is this same as "better than sex cake?"
gig.gif

Im thinking about coming, but I have to see if its in my budget first. We just had a major vet bill for one of our dogs and now I think I have to take my cat in also.
barnie.gif

Does anyone have any LF Araucanas or Black Copper Marans that will be coming?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom