2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

I just put my order in from Cackle. Ordered 25 Assorted Heavy Breed Pullets! I hope they are coming February 19 (shipping out anyways). I'll let you all know what the actual hatch date is once I know.

Mine are hatching from Cackle the 19th too! They should be here the 21st. Hope they all make it here ok.
fl.gif

Mine are hatching from Cackle the 19th too! They should be here the 21st. Hope they all make it here ok.
fl.gif

Cool! What breeds are you getting? I ordered 25 of their frypan special last February and all 26 survived until their butcher! They tasted great and were beautiful as well. Good Luck!

Cool! What breeds are you getting? I ordered 25 of their frypan special last February and all 26 survived until their butcher! They tasted great and were beautiful as well. Good Luck!

What kind of birds did you receive in that Frypan Special? Did any end up pullets? How old were they when you processed them? Were they noisy and obnoxious? Would you do that again rather than order broilers?

What kind of birds did you receive in that Frypan Special? Did any end up pullets? How old were they when you processed them? Were they noisy and obnoxious? Would you do that again rather than order broilers?

I received 6-7 of each: RIR, BR, BO, GC (Golden Comet). Sadly no pullets. They were between 9-17 week when I processed them, they were butchered when they started to crow. In my opinion they weren't obnoxious, but my parents and sister say otherwise. Some were annoying though especially when they first started crowing. I personally wouldn't do it again unless I free ranged them because the feed bill was a lot higher than a wished and there wasn't too much meat on most of them. One good thing that came out of it is one of them fathered the rooster I have now.

I am getting 5 EE's, 5 Brown Leghorns, and 5 Salmon Faverolles. I want them for their looks and their eggs.
smile.png
Later in the spring, my dad's one friend has guineas and he is going to give us some eggs to try and hatch. Hopefully I can get about 4 guineas out of the bunch!

I will try and get some pictures of them today at some point
big_smile.png
Can't wait to see them!
I am getting 5 EE's, 5 Brown Leghorns, and 5 Salmon Faverolles. I want them for their looks and their eggs.
smile.png
Later in the spring, my dad's one friend has guineas and he is going to give us some eggs to try and hatch. Hopefully I can get about 4 guineas out of the bunch!
Nice mix. I love the EEs. Good luck with the guinea eggs when you get them.

I received 6-7 of each: RIR, BR, BO, GC (Golden Comet). Sadly no pullets. They were between 9-17 week when I processed them, they were butchered when they started to crow. In my opinion they weren't obnoxious, but my parents and sister say otherwise. Some were annoying though especially when they first started crowing. I personally wouldn't do it again unless I free ranged them because the feed bill was a lot higher than a wished and there wasn't too much meat on most of them. One good thing that came out of it is one of them fathered the rooster I have now.

Thanks! I've been out on a limb about ordering those cockerel specials. I think I'll stick to straight run orders for the most part. We have the space to free range and I don't mind small carcasses, but the noise would probably drive me nuts.

Back
Top Bottom