2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

Even though we are in Texas, as is Ideal, it was 2 days of transit time from each hatchery. We ordered last year from Privett in New Mexico (because our local TSC orders from them) and they were here the next day. I know from tracking information offered from Cackle that our order was boxed and at the post office before lunch the first day. I'm not sure what time Ideal takes orders to their post office. Since I receive email confirmations from them late at night on the days that they ship I wonder if they take them at the end of the day, which could be the extra day?
i wonder why Ideal takes 2 days for you if you live in Texas...that makes no sense..i live in Kansas and its takes a day or less then a day to get to me. each time i've ordered so far and probably when they ship out my next order on the 19th...they ship out on wednesday and my box of chicks is at my local PO the morning of thursday....so to me i deffinantly makes no sense it takes someone who live's in the same state as the hatchery 2 days to get their chicks when i who a state and some north get them in a day

i wonder why Ideal takes 2 days for you if you live in Texas...that makes no sense..i live in Kansas and its takes a day or less then a day to get to me. each time i've ordered so far and probably when they ship out my next order on the 19th...they ship out on wednesday and my box of chicks is at my local PO the morning of thursday....so to me i deffinantly makes no sense it takes someone who live's in the same state as the hatchery 2 days to get their chicks when i who a state and some north get them in a day

I agree! Its pretty frustrating. I wish they offered tracking so I could see where the hold up is. Our order that shipped out on a Wednesday was in early morning on Friday. Then our Monday order was in early morning Wednesday so both times, 2 days.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a shipping date from Cackle? I placed the order yesterday at around 11am and haven't received a ship date yet.

does Cackle not give you a list of dates to choose from of when to ship you order out? most hatcheries do....but they'll probably email you soon or you could email them

does Cackle not give you a list of dates to choose from of when to ship you order out? most hatcheries do....but they'll probably email you soon or you could email them
They don't, but they just emailed saying it was coming Feb 19!
wee.gif

Ideal has a lot of advertised specials right now. 25 or more feather legged bantams $1.05 each, 20 or more assorted ducklings $1.65 each + Danish brown leghorns, Buff Orpingtons, clean legged bantams and various individual breeds of bantams and ducks.

Back
Top Bottom